KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly disease in the world. KNCV is an international centre of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organisation of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologist. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Challenge TB Country Director
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
- The purpose of the position is to manage the country office, supervise the KNCV staff, and to represent KNCV and Challenge TB in the concerned country.
- The Country Director is responsible for the overall implementation of the CTB project including the development of annual work plans and budgets, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- He/she coordinates and works closely together with the coalition partners of CTB in the concerned country, the National TB program, the USAID mission, the Global Fund, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders to successfully implement the Challenge TB country project.
- Together with two other key staff (the Deputy Director Operations, the Sr. Technical Adviser Programs and the Sr. TB/HIV Technical Adviser), the director manages a team of 66 staff (16 at the central office and 50 in satellite offices).
- The Country Director supervises the country office team of international and local staff and reports to the portfolio manager at KNCV’s Head Office in The Hague.
As a Country Director you will:
- Provide overall technical leadership and management of the projects;
- Build capacity of the KNCV Nigeria Team to ensure high performance and technical leadership to enable them to build the capacity of local partners;
- Lead the project life cycle: from annual planning, implementation to monitoring and reporting;
- Ensure CTB is at the leading edge of TB programming;
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation and learning to ensure project interventions are appropriate and that lessons/experience shared;
- Provide technical assistance in his/her fields of expertise and stimulates innovation;
- Contribute to national and regional policy fora, guideline committees and TB working groups;
- Oversee relevant national and regional policy developments in TB control and identify strategic opportunities to contribute to policy development.
- Maintain partner relations and coordination among stakeholders;
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery on all contractual and programmatic obligations;
- MD with Masters and/or P.hD (Medicine, Epidemiology, Public Health)
- Demonstrated experience managing large complex health programs ideally TB, in a multi-cultural setting;
- Proven experience in specific technical areas related to the program;
- Excellent understanding of annual planning processes;
- Good understanding of Global Fund – Concept Note /Funding Request development and implementation – ability to provide technical assistance / support in this area is desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in cooperating with governments, the private sector, lobbying & advocacy;
- Experience in developing policies, strategies, (research) projects;
- Experience in knowledge management;
- Experience in resource mobilization, proposal writing;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Proven experience with stakeholder involvement, managing donor relations and strengthening partnerships;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is essential;
Specific areas of programmatic expertise:
- In- depth up to date knowledge of public health systems and aware of ongoing developments in these areas in the country, region;
- Experience of Public-Private partnerships;
- Strong facilitation and mediation skills;
- Experience in conducting training, capacity building;
- Report writing skills, knowledge of M&E cycles;
- Strategic planning, demonstrated experience using participatory methods for program review and planning.
- A strong team leader who is results-oriented and can motivate staff;
- A strategic thinker;
- Able to communicate within the organization and the partnership network;
- Planning and organizing; helicopter view;
- Culturally sensitive.
- Able to delegate tasks;
What do we offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Note: You can apply for this position, by submitting your CV including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link above.
Application Deadline: 6th March, 2017.