Law Union & Rock is one of the first generation Insurance Companies to open office in Nigeria six decades ago. We began operations in Nigeria in 1951 as a Chief Agency when the late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony held the power of Attorney for Royal International Insurance Holding, a U.K leading
Insurance Company [the first Nigerian to have such authority].
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Infrastructure Officer
- Under the supervision of the Head of ICT, this role is responsible for the management of the ICT infrastructure for the organization. This includes the Data Centre Hardware Infrastructure (Servers, Storage facilities, CCTV, Firewall & All Network Appliances), Data Centre Software Infrastructure (the Enterprise Email System (Exchange), Active Directory (AD), Enterprise Backup Solution, E-Business Platform, Call Centre Management Solution (CODEC), Print Management Application (MFI), Enterprise End-Point Protection Solutions, Intranet Application), Network Administration, Network Engineering etc.
- This role is expected to positively impact the overall delivery of information technology services as part of the technology team’s mission.
- Provide infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with LUR requirements and expectations.
- Provide strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of LUR enterprise infrastructure and associated project portfolio, including but not limited to 24×7 Data Center Infrastructure Management and Evolution, Mobility and Remote Access Services, Secure Wireless Networks, Enterprise-Scale Messaging Environments, Active Directory Multi-Forest Integration, Dual-Carrier Global WAN, Software-Defined Internetworking, and Innovative End User Computing Solutions.
- Ensure that comprehensive Disaster Recovery Architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
- Maintain a cohesive work relationship with the ICT team and all relevant stakeholders to define, manage and support the entire operations infrastructure for the organization.
- Participate in ICT project, budget and strategic planning efforts
- Ensure a robust service provision that is in accordance with key performance indicators, and Service Level Agreements (SLA) as defined within LUR ICT Policy and Procedural manual to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Analyze technology trends and develop infrastructure architecture, strategy and delivery processes for agility and cost effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain strong and strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Develop Request for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Information (RFI), assisting in product evaluations, co-ordination and service selections,
- Provide well-considered counsel to the Head of ICT and other business service leaders on:
- Emerging infrastructure and End-User-Computing (EUC) services and technologies having characteristics likely to provide benefit to the efficiency or capabilities of the organization’s infrastructure.
- Opportunities to apply new technologies or other solutions to challenges facing our operations and business services
- Changes or emerging risks in supplier or product status and capabilities, standards and protocols, or other industry, market, or technology factors that may influence or impact IT systems and processes.
Education, Certification and/or Experience
- College Degree in Technology related major preferred.
- 3+ years hands on experience in ICT Infrastructure administration & management preferably on HP, Dell & Cisco environment.
- Relevant certification in these areas is an added advantage. Especially in Microsoft Server 2008 – 2012 R2 and Cloud Computing.
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Servers, Exchange Servers & Office 365, Hyper-V, Cloud Computing, Windows 8, 10 and other Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, Citrix, EMC and/or NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, Cisco Server infrastructures, and multi-carrier WANs.
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within the ICT.
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect teams toward new objectives.
- Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of ICT solutions
- Ability to see the “big picture” across such areas as private and public hosted infrastructure and services, identity management, security, telecommunications, enterprise storage and big data opportunities, end user experience, and training/education.
- Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to Infrastructure projects and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Must have strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues important.
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced systems.
- 3. Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a strategic, global level. Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 24th February, 2017.