The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are presently
into restaurants, hotel, and nightclubbing. We are opening new outlets in Lagos and looking for high-flying individual who shares the values of hard work, commitment and integrity and places high premium on personal development and career growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Architect
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Provide technical support to project Implementation team with regards to drawings and designs.
- Suggest innovative, practical, cost effective beautiful and creative design components and idea and follow through with implementation for restaurant and club beatification.
- Job also involves sourcing for new service providers, cheaper building materials, effective and efficient approach to building, and proffering solutions to recurring maintenance/ construction problems.
- Convert thoughts and concepts from project sponsor (and based on past experience, agreed standards, own new approved suggestions/ innovation and situation on ground) into drawings, thoroughly, completely and accurately, with minimal corrections/ iterations from supervisor
- Ensure drawings have all relevant details, implementable, cost effective and adhere to requirements
- Ensure drawings are detailed, reader-friendly enough to speak for themselves, with little or no need for verbal explanation for service provider that is serving us for the first time
- Conduct site visits to gain better appreciation of projects and identify grey areas to be addressed in drawings, to ensure all detailed issues are reflected and little or no variation needed during construction
- Periodically visit clubs to identify interior design trends and proffer suggestions/ recommendation based on outcome of visits
- Support project implementation team by implementing minor projects
- Maintain own detailed to dos, aggressively push tasks through: persistently remind supervisors, report issues, constraints, bottlenecks, and people causing delays / issues. Deep consciousness of project timeliness.
- Support/ prompt supervisor, colleagues, service providers etc for speedy commencement and delivery.
- Identify and provide solutions to time-wasters
- Participate actively in team and design meetings
- Shares information/knowledge and ideas with others
- Manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure
- Put in extra hours when needed to achieve quick turnaround/ meet deadline/ minimize time loss when own responsibility is on project critical path
- Update drawings with review comments ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Develop detailed to-dos required to execute and implement approved drawings
- Prepare and submit periodic progress status reports
- Compile and submit lessons learnt on project completion, to effectively help improve time, quality, cost etc on future projects
- Propose update to design principles/documentation, design team structure/operations based on project experience and research based on experience from a concluded/ongoing project or research
- HND, B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Architecture.
- Proven working experience as an architect.
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions.
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail.
- Communication and project management skills.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply