MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting – Our client, one of the topmost business school in Nigeria is recruiting for the role of:
Job Title: Programmes Officer
- The incumbent will form part of the School’s team, taking responsibility for aspects of administrative support for the suite of programmes and admissions, ensuring that services are efficient, effective and adapt to changing circumstances.
The specific duties of the incumbent includes but is not limited to;
- Ensure the School provides first class service to applicants, students, staff and visitors. This will include assisting the workload of the programmes staff and supporting other members of the team where necessary
- Support the admissions officer in making admission decision. To understand the School’s strategy in regard to recruitment and use this to guide admissions processes and decisions.
- To understand the School’s strategy in regard to student experience such that the administrative team provides appropriate support
- Liaise with Admissions Office and other key central sections of the business school to be proactive and collaborative in supporting the development of improved systems and processes
- Advise current students on programme and refer on as appropriate
Support for Teaching and Administration:
- Act as a point of contact for programmes students, staff and visiting lecturers, dealing with enquiries and providing support
- Establish, maintain and use clear and effective means of communication with staff and students, i.e. email distribution lists, notice-boards, web pages etc.
- Assist in the production of core programmes information, materials, teaching aids and general handbooks
- Ensure that copies of all forms are up to date and appropriately stocked for use by students and/or staff
- Assist with induction events and prepare information packs for incoming students
- Process all forms relating to changes in students’ circumstances
- Track changes of degree programmes and unit choices in the business school student records system. Ensure that all student choices relating to their programme of study have been authorized, and are correct
- Liaise with Student Records, and other academic Departments regarding students’ unit choices as required
- Take responsibility for the creation and maintenance of accurate student records, in both paper and electronic formats, including liaison with the Student Records Office (SREO)
- Identify complex problems of student progression, and seek advice on their resolution with the deputy director
- Advise students on programme eligibility, and to refer students to Student Experience Officer if necessary
- Organize the receipt, collation and distribution of all student assignments/projects for marking
- Retain & archive sample set of coursework
Minimum Job Requirement
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university with at least 2 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified Or
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with at least 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, assistance in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; good web skills
- Prior experience working with budgets is highly desirable
- Fluency in database system is highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of integrated program planning, development, and administration within an academic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
Note: Candidates MUST apply using the tile “Application for Programmes Officer” as the subject of their mail. All applications that do not follow this format will be disregarded.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send a copy of their up-to-date CV’s and cover letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2017.