Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a reputable Law Firm located in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- We are seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager, who will be required to plan, coordinate, and implement the firm’s practice groups’, and individual lawyer’s activities with respect to marketing, business development, public relations, and client services.
- The BDM will observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- The objective is to increase visibility and brand recognition to strengthen and expand the firm’s client base.
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Develop, implement, and manage the firm’s business development and client services plan consistently with the firm’s strategic plan and policies set by the firm’s Partners.
- Support and facilitate development, implementation, and tracking of business development/ marketing plans for 5 practice groups and over 40 individual lawyers consistently with the firm’s plan and policies.
- Participate in the firm’s strategic planning activities with respect to evaluation and improvement of present client relations and services and future business development opportunities and activities;
- Develop and manage the firm’s business development and client services annual budget, which includes marketing expenditures for the firm, practice groups, and individual lawyers.
- Prepare and manage public relations activities and communications for the firm (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside agencies), including press releases, new lawyer announcements and notices, other firm announcements, media materials, and coordination with any outside PR consultants.
- Design (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside vendors to design) print and online advertising and negotiates media buys and associated contracts.
Newsletters, Brochures and Promotional Materials:
- Design (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside vendors to design), update, and maintain online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm and for lawyers, including firm and lawyer profiles, practice descriptions, brochures, and electronic newsletters.
- Also oversee mailing list creation and updates.
Photography, Logos, and Promotional Products:
- Arrange for professional photo-shoots and maintains image and logo files.
- Prepare various art files (headshots, logos, graphics) for use in online and print materials. Design artwork and select products for promotional use at seminars, conferences, presentations, etc.
Tracking and Reporting:
- Maintain firm databases utilized for marketing, business development, public relations and client services and generate reports as requested.
Website and Social Media:
- Manage the firm’s web site, social networking for the firm and its lawyers (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), and other electronic communications, including drafting and updating content and images, evaluating effectiveness, drafting and implementing policies, and working with outside technical and design consultants as needed.
Directories and Awards:
- Manage the firm’s profiles on online directories and referral sites, submit information for lawyer and firm awards, promotes awards, and determine which directories should be launched and maintained.
- Evaluate and manage all firm memberships and works to take advantage of membership opportunities to enhance the firm’s profile.
Proposals and Resumes:
- Supervise and coordinate the firm’s RFP protocol process, including soliciting RFP’s from appropriate prospective clients and drafting and submitting proposals for new business as needed.
- Participate in planning and presentation efforts as appropriate (including presentation packets, Slides, etc.).
- Create and maintain resumes for over 40 lawyers.
Event Planning/Coordination and Gifts:
- Manage business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including:
- Develop, organize, and provide support for firm receptions, conferences, seminars, and other special firm-sponsored events;
- Lawyer receptions and celebrations (and associated gifts);
- Holiday cards, gifts, and thank you gifts for clients or referral sources.
Sponsorships and Speaking Engagements:
- Identify, evaluate, and make recommendations for firm/lawyer participation in sponsorships, conferences, speaking and writing opportunities, and similar events.
- Coordinate activities (RSVPs, promotional products, advertising, presentation slides, etc.) as needed.
- Promote speaking engagements as appropriate.
- Surveys and Assessment: Design and conduct – or arrange for the design and implementation of – client satisfaction surveys and market research.
- Lead the firm Business Development & Client Services (BDCS) Advisory Committee, including setting agendas, maintaining the project list, and suggesting issues which should come before the Committee.
- Serve as a member of any other committee needing marketing support.
- Coordinate training in business development and client services for lawyers and staff of the firm.
- Track progress and encourages tailored business development opportunities for each lawyer and practice group in all locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position reports daily to a designated Partner.
- The Partner conducts formal evaluations, reviews or modifies the duties of the position in conjunction with the other Partners, administer discipline, if needed, and recommend salary and bonus action.
- Candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Partners.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours.
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision.
- Experience writing proposals, and responses to requests for proposals preferred.
- Must be willing and available to travel between the firm’s different offices as needed and required by the position’s specific duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to multi task with minimal or no errors.
- Understands the needs and expectations of law firm clients.
- Minimum of five years in marketing manager/director (or assistant director) role within a professional services environment (law firm experience preferred).
- Candidate must have a proven record of strong leadership and consensus building skills. Must demonstrate initiative, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments, and able to work well with lawyers and staff at all levels in the organization.
- Reasonably compensated with usual benefits.
- Candidate must have a good knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Website content management systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Familiar with SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to set goals, interpret metrics, and implement projects that will improve online performance and visibility.
- Ability to write effectively for public relations and other purposes, for audiences inside and outside the firm.
- Ability to prepare written materials, to support and to follow-up marketing opportunities for the firm and for individual lawyers.
- Ability to evaluate opportunities for business development and manage a budget.
- Good organisation, communication and research skills.
- Ability to understand the lawyer-client relationship.
- Absolute command of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
- Honesty, integrity, stress tolerance, self-control, flexibility/adaptability, independence, self-motivated and commitment to the common goals and values of the Firm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2017.