Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence pf USAID, leverage the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund-financed HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria.Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs) the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) and the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID, to transfer the warehousing and distribution services from the PRs to Chemonics, for steady-state implementation through December 2017.
The Global Fund Project in Nigeria, is hereby seeking to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the monitoring of the quality and completeness of data for documenting project performance, ensure data use within the project for evidence-based decision making and solve data problems if and when they arise.
- Oversee development and maintenance of Global Fund’s database(s) and ensure timely data entry.
- Provide guidance to the M&E team to design, test and implement data collection instruments for quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Represent the project’s M&E interests at meetings with stakeholders, including government partners, Global Fund, and other agencies.
- Support the dissemination and assist PSM staff to disseminate da on project progress and results.
- Compile and analyze data from each of the project’s technical areas and support the project’s technical team in presenting recommendations to the Global Fund PMU for improvements in implementation on a quarterly basis. Support the plan and draft project baseline, midline and final evaluation reports.
Job Qualifications, Skills and Competences
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Public Health, Development, Statistics or related field and 3-5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E in public health or development programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other staff, Global Fund, consultants, MOH and international organizations.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with database development and management in Access a plus. Experience using mapping (e.g Arc-GlS, Health Mapper, etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) also a plus.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
- Prior management and supervision experience.
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, in coordination with the Global Fund Liaison.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the lIfe of the project based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Please upload your CV/ Resumes (Should detail the contact information for at least three professional references) to fill the application form.
- Uploaded CV/Resume must clearly indicate your name and position title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 13th March, 2017.