IITA is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: ICT-Senior Infrastructure Officer
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in determining appropriate server size and configuration for business application in conjunction with the application development team;
- Perform system maintenance, high-level support of the operating systems and relative software and mobile communication components;
- Perform hardware configuration and administration, event, fault and performance management, system performance and configuration management;
- Provide operational support for systems hardware, peripherals and software; Implement database and data dictionary back up, recovery, archiving functions and also ensure the integrity of the database;
- Perform routine maintenance and support tasks;
- Resolve operational issues referred by service desk;
- Test and implement disaster recovery plan;
- Develop and maintain operations documentation and handle daily operation of servers and storage;
- Monitor server/storage usage statistics and daily logs;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Monitor CPU activity, memory usage, disk I/O, disk usage and mailing out warning when these reach critical threshold;
- Maintain operating system and shared Information Technology infrastructure (Internet, e-mail, telephone) to maximize performance;
- Identify, isolate and resolve problems on servers, storage network systems and networking infrastructure;
- MSC. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Management Information System, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field with at least Five (5) years’ experience in networking and communication management.
The Ideal Candidate can have any of the following certifications:
- ITIL Manager, Certified Information Technology, Professional (CITP), Microsoft SQL Server certification, Microsoft Certified Systems certification(MCSA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Oracle Weblogic Server 11g System Administrator, RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHSCA), and Sun Certified System Administrator.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline: 21st March, 2017.