Oxfam is a confederation of 17 organizations that works together to increase the impact of its long term development and humanitarian responses.
The Nigeria Country Office, is currently recruiting for the Lake Chad Basin Response, to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Program Manager
Req ID: 1264
Starting date: as soon as possible
- The Humanitarian Program Manager will provide overall management and leadership of the Nigeria Humanitarian response, in accordance with Oxfam standards and in coordination with the technical leads.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the elaboration and implementation of the response strategy, operational plans and global budget.
- You will provide a coherent integrated response; financial and human resources security; an appropriate campaign/advocacy dimension.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supports the implementation of country humanitarian strategy and the coordination of periodic operational plans and budgets of the country and its programs, monitoring progress towards achieving program objectives – also measures outcome and impact against recognised indicators.
- Ensures that the response strategy (speed, scale, contextually appropriated, integrated) is in line with Oxfam’s overall strategic ambitions, external commitments and Oxfam’s brand as a lead humanitarian actor.
- Participates in regional level response coordination where necessary, ensuring follow Maintains effective partner grants and reports monitoring system, ensures adherence to Oxfam policies and procedures on partner management up of agreed actions and necessary support from others for Nigeria (e.g. HR, Funding, MEAL, others).
- Represents Oxfam to government officials, Consortium, international organisations and NGOS and others stakeholders.
- Ensures staff safety and security procedures are monitored, updated and implemented. This will include an analysis of the risks and the threats to staff working on Oxfam programmes.
- Recruits and manages staff in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training and support as required.
- Contributes and provides leadership to the overall One Oxfam response, by reinforcing strategies with communication and advocacy.
- Supports and maintains oversight of financial and people resourcing for the Nigeria response
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- First Degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in similar roles specifically in managing humanitarian and development programs funded by different donors.
- Significant leadership and management experience in the development and delivery of high quality program, influencing and humanitarian strategy, with and through partners or directly, in one or more challenging locations. (humanitarian WASH, protection and/or EFSL programs).
- Proven track record of leading and motivating multi disciplinary, geographically remote teams and operations across a number of locations.
- Good knowledge of developing and implementing monitoring systems to track the effectiveness of programs and an ability to build cooperative, professional relationships with donors, partners and peer organisations.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English.
- Good interpersonal, influencing, diplomacy negotiating skills.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender policies; sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Ability to travel to remote programmatic sites within the country.
- Experience in leading and motivating multi disciplinary and partially geographically remote teams; a high degree of self awareness and an understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development; experience with people management;
- Experience of managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders;
- A high degree of self awareness and an understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development in line with Oxfam’s values and policies.
- Experience in managing funded projects and proven ability to write proposals and reports to main humanitarian donors (ECHO, DFID, OFDA, etc.)
- Self Awareness
- Vision Setting
- Agility, complexity and ambiguity
- Relationship building
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 11 with a salary range between € 3706,- to € 5700,- gross based on 40 hours a week. R&R is part of the package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2017.