Kiote Services Limited – Our client, The Sugarcane Restaurant in Lagos was created from the desire of its owners to set a new standard – a new standard of service, a new standard in the quality food, and a new standard in the overall dining experience in Nigeria. The menu consists of meals that bring comfort. The company offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment and diverse team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Restaurant General Manager
Contract: Full Time
- The Restaurant General Manager provides leadership and guidance to the entire management team by promoting and maintaining all operating standards of The Sugarcane Restaurant.
- The General Manager, along with his/her management team will help create a safe and sanitary work environment while continuing to build sales and profitability.
The Restaurant General Manager:
- Is accountable for the operational excellence of his/her designated restaurant.
- Support the goals of the business and reinforces new initiatives introduced to the management team and employees
- Effectively handles the administrative tasks in daily operations.
- Full responsibility for cost controls associated with restaurant budget.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods up to ten to twelve hours in length, in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly during a shift. At times it might be necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work around various levels of temperature, including warm to very warm temperatures in the kitchen
- S/he must be able to safely operate kitchen equipment and have the ability to use knives appropriately.
- Can perform basic reading, math and measurement calculations in English.
- S/he must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, management and vendors.
- Strives to increase sales and operating profit and sets short/long term plans to help meet those goals through local marketing and other internal opportunities
- Is able to supervise, assign and delegate task(s) appropriately to management and other employees
- Is accountable for providing on-going leadership and operational development for management team.
Education and Training
- Experience: 3+ years Restaurant Experience/Senior level experience
Negotiable/ Dependent on Experience.
Job Title: Head Chef
Contract: Full Time
- The Head Chef is responsible for planning and managing the preparation and service of meals for guests at Sugarcane Restaurant, he will also ensure the smooth and profitable operation of the kitchen, and maintaining high standards of food quality and safety at all times.
- Plan and execute menus for guest, set standards for all recipes, service systems and storage procedure; plan rotating menus to efficiently utilize supplies and minimize waste
- Train and evaluate kitchen and dining room staff on an on-going basis
- Monitor and approve timesheets for all kitchen and dining room staff
- Ensure kitchen and dining areas are maintained to highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a clean and operational state, that it is secure, and replaced or repaired when necessary, maintaining safety standards
- Monitor and maintain operational procedures including practices stipulated by the Department of Environmental Health; where feasible, develop and maintain a recycling program for cardboard, glass, and aluminium
- Primary responsibility for preparation of two nightly dinner services and, may substitute for and relieve or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
- Demonstrate high personal competency in technical and artistic skills necessary to operate the kitchen and produce food of consistently high quality.
- Manage food and kitchen budget, maintaining awareness of accurate food costs, implementing and monitoring portion control
- Inventory control, ordering and rotation
- Oversee and maintain high standards of presentation
Education and Training
- HND/B.Sc qualification.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years Restaurant Experience
Negotiable/ Dependent of Experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2017.