Guinness Nigeria plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and for the Guinness brand globally being the #2 Market globally by volume. The emergence of mobile phone technology as the primary medium of communications within Nigeria has led to a dramatic shift in emphasis from conventional to emerging media. This role is strategically important to establishing Guinness as Africa’s #1 Beer brand. This role focuses on the step-change in investment and management of Digital Media in Nigeria and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: GDBS Service Delivery Lead
Reports To: The Business Relationship Manager
The Africa region comprise of four strategic business units – Africa Regional Markets , East Africa, Nigeria and Brandhouse. This role covers Nigeria business unit. There are a total of 3 sites with 1,200 users.
The Diageo GDBS function has outsourced technical infrastructure services to TCS, SAP applications support to Infosys and network support to Verizon, as well as other applications to CSC. There are other local partners/providers that support some locally based systems. The role of the Service Delivery Lead, Service Management is to maintain business as usual support for Nigeria business unit, either through Diageo Shared Service and/or our service partners / providers.
The role requires that the IS operating model, based around a set of common IS processes, is enforced. Brilliant execution of the Delivery processes (e.g. Services, GDBS Projects underpinned by the Global Support Model) is critical, and these are delivered through a global organization that integrates across external service providers to service business unit needs. The scope of the Service Delivery organization is estimated at around 70% of total GDBS investment. A customer focused mind-set is an absolute prerequisite to this role.
Purpose of Role
- The primary function of this role is to ensure that effective management of local and central systems takes place.
- This person will be responsible for the delivery of all supporting IS Services within the business unit and to defined SLAs.
- This person will be responsible for delivering small change initiatives and/or projects to aid service delivery.
- Strong Service Level management skills
- Good understanding of Diageo business processes and strategic business drivers
- Management of local and central Partners to support Infrastructure and Applications
- Knowledge or certification of ITIL processes
- Regional alignment across Africa
- Strong business partnering skills
- Average project management knowledge or skills
- Ensure agreed service levels and KPI’s are consistently delivered
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
Top 4 Accountabilities
- Achieve all committed Service Level Agreements
- Establish a trusted face of GDBS
- Support management of local and central IS Support partners (Accenture, Verizon, CSC, IBM etc)
- Delivery of small, local Change Requests
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree in a Technical Service or Business discipline
- 5+ years in IS within the consumer packaged goods or IS services industry experience
- Business Literate (“good understanding of our business”)
- Ability to manage own time, numerous demands and prioritize tasks
- Communication skills with the ability to effectively and simply communicate technical concepts, solutions and implications in a business language
- Self-directed and focused on a goal or end-state as opposed to specific tasks
- Fluency in English language.
- Proven track record of similar job experience in IT/FMCG industry
- Strong organizational & customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply