IITA is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer I
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Assist in designing/reviewing IITA’s M& E systems and reporting template;
- Assist in maintaining all M&E report and data management systems across IITA’s programmes and projects;
- Support IITA’s regional staff on M&E implementation and systems;
- Assist in conducting M&E workshops for staff members, partners, and beneficiaries;
- Develop performance matrices, data matrices, and data tools for data management;
- Identify and design performance questions, key indicators and targets for each project;
- Agree with stakeholders on how to record, report, and analyse progress against targets; and design formats for reporting on progress;
- Undertake and facilitate the M&E plan implementation, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes;
- Assist in conducting and monitoring site visits;
- Participate in evaluations (baseline, mid-term, end of project), internal and external impact assessment studies;
- Provide mentoring and coaching in performance assessment to M&E focal persons through on-site and on-line meetings;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Develop M&E plans for programmes, projects, units, and sections/subsections within IITA;
- Review objective hierarchy and logical framework matrices (activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts) of projects under the hub;
- Determine information needs of project managers, partners, and cooperating institutions;
- HND/B.Sc in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Social Studies, Development Studies or related field.
- With at least Three (3) years’ experience performing same role.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Microsoft office skills and strong quantitative background.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2017.