The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and
nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Maternal Newborn Child Health and Nutrition (MNCHN) State Project Coordinator Consultant (NOC)
Job Number: 503422
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi and Kebbi – Nigeria
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of the Assignment
- The goals of the Project Coordinator will be to accomplish project objectives by planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting progress of project activities within the timelines with desired quality. The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing coordination, leadership, and management of resources on a daily basis of the EU project activities and the work plans, ensuring they are delivered on time and to the agreed quality standards and budgets.
- The state project coordinator will work under the guidance and supervision of the MNCHN state Team Leader and the CFO. He/she will work in close collaboration with the FO steering committee to perform his/her job duties and roles
Project Coordination at State , LGA and lower levels:
- Provide practical, hands-on coordination and technical support to the EU-MNCHN project ensuring the quality and timeliness of all project components.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of integrated consultants for implementation of all MNCHN project components;
- Track project implementation progress and ensure timely completion of the planned activities as per approved EU-MNCHN state operational plan;
- Liaise with the CFO, MNCHN team leader and steering committee members at FO , to coordinate and monitor project implementation;
- Ensure that quality progress reports are produced and submitted in a timely manner to the MNCHN team leader, CFO after inputs from sectoral colleagues ;
- Prepare presentations for monthly EU-MNCHN State TWG, and provide all summarized inputs from state to Federal for quarterly EU-MNCHN Steering Committee meetings
- Liaise and coordinate with other all sectoral focal points involved in the EU-MNCHN project at state , specifically Nutrition, HIV, Child Protection, WASH and Communication (including C4D) to ensure all components are well implemented and reported;
- While ensuring the CFO are fully appraised on progress, develop and maintain positive relationships with all state project partners, especially the SMOH and SPHCDA;
- Report regularly to the MNCHN team leader and CFO on project progress and provide regular updates on the EU-MNCHN project.
- Oversee review of project work plans and planning process for the subsequent periods;
- Ensure that project implementation conform to the policies and procedures of UNICEF and the Contribution Agreement signed with the EU;
- Oversee distribution of equipment and supplies; related to EU-MNCHN including delivery note ;
- While ensuring integration of EU-MNCHN project implementation, coordinate the EU-MNCHN project team of state consultants promoting a “One team approach” and ensuring accountability of all of the consultants across the state and LGAs for their expected deliverables;
- Provide leadership and direction to the EU-MNCHN state consultant for timely and quality project implementation;
- Promote and support effective team working through one-to-one communication and regular group meetings;
- Agree clear performance objectives for all consultants, and ensure all of them have appropriately set objectives and monthly individual work plan, and that performance assessment are undertaken in a timely manner;
- Contribute to the guidance and technical coaching of EU-MNCHN project consultants as required.
- Provide guidance and technical support to state partners in proposal writing, and ensure timely submission to the FO for review and funding according to the plan.
- Ensure regular monitoring of expenditure against approved proposal budget as submitted by partners;
- Ensure financial reports as timely submitted to the FO.
Communication and Reporting:
- Prepare high quality presentations and briefing packs in appropriate formats for briefing of CFO, Team leader and steering committee members as well as partners and stakeholders as appropriate
- Review draft reports from assigned consultants and ensuring consolidation and quality standards are met
- Prepare a summarized comprehensive states regular narrative reports as required for all components of the project and in the M&E Framework as well as the Visibility Strategy outlining project progress, key achievements, challenges and steps being taken to address them, and next steps for submission to CFO and to State MNCHN team leader after review of all CFO sectoral staff
- Annual State work and operational plans
- Monthly progress reports for all components of MNCHN project including M&E Framework from all supported states/LGAs
- High quality presentation and briefing pack of the MNCHN project
- Consultancy report
- Quarterly reports of milestones achieved to advance project implementation and PPP for the meetings
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Medicine, Public Health and/or related technical field.
- Eight years’ experience working on child survival issues or public health projects.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Willingness to travel to remote regions of the country
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- Knowledge of local working language of the duty station, an asset.
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions and very good coordination and technical skills.
Job Title: Driver, GS-2
Job Number: 503522
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations or Operations/Administrative Manager/Assistant, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
- The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Expected Results:
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials. Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle. Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Secondary Education; a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Job Title: TA – Administrative Assistant (Travel), GS6
Job Number: 503491
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, NOB, the incumbent will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Ensure effective management of staff travel arrangements by reviewing travel requests and confirming accuracy of information.
- Brief staff on all policies and procedures covering official travel ensures adequate controls are in place.
- Liaise with travel agents for reservations and ticketing for both local and international travels of staff members and consultants. Provide information to all on flight schedules and options. Occasionally request Headquarters for quotes for staff entitlement travels and follow-up with airlines for tickets.
- Update in VISION local & International travel authorizations for UNICEF staff and Consultants, (approx. 2000 per year) as per the Administrative instructions on Travel procedures and process all staff travel entitlements.
- Ensure that the correct ticket costs and entitlements are updated using PR05 in VISION.
- Certify Travel Agency invoices / payments. Complete ticket payment to the travel agency on bi-weekly basis as agreed with the travel agent by charging the appropriate travel authorisation or Funds commitment. Ensures that reconciliation of tickets are done on a monthly basis with the Travel agents. Prepare quarterly reconciliation of travel agent accounts and share with the Administrative Specialist.
- Ensure that TAs are certified within 15 days of completion of travel. Inform the sections of the status of certification of travels and ensure that the PAs for the various sections certify trips are completed.
- Maintain a record of ticket refunds or credit notes from Travel agents and share with the Supervisor on a monthly basis. Ensure ticket reconciliation with the Travel Agent is done regularly on a monthly basis.
- Provide advice to International staff and assist them and their dependents in processing request for visas, diplomatic identity cards, drivers’ licenses and other relevant personnel-related documents, in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and the country of the duty station locations.
- Register official vehicles and assist with the registration of vehicles for internationally recruited staff and dependants. Ensure that official vehicles are roadworthy and have up-to-date insurance coverage annually.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Education – Completion of Secondary Education or Diploma or a University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Financial Management.
- Work Experience: Minimum of six years of relevant work experience in Administration or Operations in general with UNICEF. Knowledge in VISION/SAP would be an asset.
- Work experience in emergency duty station is an asset.
- Language Proficiency: Strong communication skills with need for proficiency in English, both written and oral and knowledge of the local language of the duty station.
- Competencies Required: In addition to the core values and core competencies the following functional competencies are required: Analysing [I] Applying Technical Expertise [II]; Following Instructions and Procedures [II] Planning and Organizing [II] Drive for Results [II].
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply