Jumia Nigeria – We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SEO Specialist
- As SEO Specialist, your responsibility would be to manage search engine optimization of products and category pages to improve search results and visibility as well as conversion, while driving traffic to the website through search engines.
- You will also double as a Quality Control Editor, ensuring the quality of content created.
- Optimization and indexing of product pages
- Work with Central Team on optimization of category pages to ensure that ranks are high on the search engine result pages
- Work with the QC Team to approve product uploads
- Manage the website content (new product uploads, data scrubbing and migration where applicable, removing products, update pricing etc.)
- Write effective headlines, body, copy, and websites to optimize websites or web pages.
- Work collaboratively with Content Team to assure web advertising is presented most effectively and with key word optimization.
- Create program plans based on E-Commerce Marketing strategies to focus on customer retention, repeat purchases, and customer acquisition
- SEO Specialist will also work with Content Team to approve product reviews
- Consistently review the website and look for enhancement opportunities to optimize website search results.
- Perform all on-site optimization, including optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognized reputable university
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in SEO, Web Development and Content Management Systems or similar role in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Proven track-record of increasing traffic, improving brand and site visibility within major search engines for important keywords, increasing site authority through trusted and natural link-building, and surpassing client conversion goals
- Experience with keyword research, ranking and analysis tools
- Adequate knowledge of the online Marketplace and the E-commerce Industry
- Practice of advanced SEO theory and applied techniques (web ranking, link analysis, data analytics, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in English Language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools and In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets and prioritize tasks under pressure
- An eye for details is key
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply