Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Logistics Manager
- The Logistics Deputy Manager will be the senior logistician for DRC in Borno state based from our Maiduguri officer,
- He/she will take a lead role in providing support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
- 2-5 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management.
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations.
- Availability: April 2017
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The position is for Nigeria Nationals Only.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied, Providing contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Deadline: 4th April, 2017.