Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company providing specialized Engineering, Environmental Management Care and Protection, Oil and Gas Services, Construction, Agricultural Development and other interrelated and integrated sectors of service provision in Nigeria. We are duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) with incorporation number RC: 980429.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Development Officer
- Implements, monitors, and evaluates agriculture programs that encompass a range of activities such as natural resource management, agribusiness, and agricultural institutional development
- Directs the work of the organization, providing administrative and technical management necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit
- Manages administrative support functions including organizational and human resources, budgeting, and procurement
- Supports activities within the agriculture sector by reviewing and analyzing data, developing strategies, analytical models, and methodologies, providing assistance and advice on agricultural development issues
- Develops, oversees, manages, and evaluates agricultural development policies and program activities in a wide range of agricultural program areas.
- Development, Implementation, Co-ordination and Support of Agriculture and Agro-processing projects and initiatives.
- Facilitate the establishment of markets for agricultural projects and Agro-industries
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders in the agriculture sector
- Develop execution/implementation plan for the defined strategy.
- Develop new services in line with strategy and market conditions to ensure service portfolio in this area remains current and competitive.
- Provide support to the network to ensure the ongoing success of new initiatives.
- Act as central point of contact for this sector for all sales, key accounts, local sales and marketing activities, including supporting the international sales teams at key client meetings when required.
- Identify and propose suitable strategic partners or acquisition targets in the sector.
- Identify hazards and risks (Risk assessments, Control risks)
- Review performance and progress regularly.
- Operate and manoeuvre in safe and efficient manner.
- Identify suitable housing/environment.
- Ensure that growth targets are met in line with company’s strategy and high level of customer satisfaction and technical excellence is achieved
- Define a strategy to accelerate the growth of profitable revenue from the farm and primary production.
- Maintain equipment, dispose of waste
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma from a relevant Agriculture/Sciences discipline
- A minimum of 2-3 years practical experience in the Agriculture sector
- Master’s Degree with relevant agricultural development experience( a plus)
- Detailed understanding of Good Agricultural Practices, sustainability in farming (economical, ethical and ecological) and testing activities.
- You will be flexible on hours depending on season and business requirements.
- Strong leadership, organisation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Project management skills and ability to mentor, coach and train
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate at all levels (verbal and written communication skills)
- Must be goal driven, a team player, a problem solver and innovator
- You will be keen to learn from a very knowledgeable small team of co workers.
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 10th April, 2017.