GE Nigeria is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Operations Delivery Manager, SS&D
Job Number: 2874023
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Subsea & Drilling
Function Segment: Services Project Management
Relocation Assistance: No
- The Nigeria Operations Delivery Manager (ODM) will provide leadership for project fulfillment and be accountable for schedule, financials, risk, and contract management while ensuring customer satisfaction for the Subsea Services & Offshore business in Nigeria.
- The role will be accountable for interfacing with the customer, internal teams, regions and functions to integrate, develop and execute from handover to installation and services including proactive management through life of field.
- Integrate with the customer and GE’s matrix organization (product lines, functions, regions, commercial) in order to successfully execute customer commitments on time and within budget. Build strong long-term relationships with customers in Nigeria Lead the project teams to effectively execute through the use of project routines including integrated planning. Single point of ownership for GE and customer for wing-to-wing execution.
- This includes ensuring all teams understand contractual commitments prior to start of execution and through project reviews & audits manage cost, delivery and quality control through execution. Create and resource delivery teams effectively to ensure the appropriate team is focused on customer portfolio execution through the order life cycle
- Owner of monthly, quarterly and annual financial targets including Revenue, Contribution Margin (CM), Cash, Past Dues and Op Margin (OM) while supporting Sales for customers in Nigeria. Responsible for managing the operating rhythms (e.g. Project Margin Reviews (PMRs)) in order to review the financial performance of the contract(s) including cost review, invoicing, cash collection, claims, contract changes, and margin enhancement with matrix execution teams.
- Identify new revenue streams in contract while extending contract profitability, driving variation capture and articulating schedule & cost impacts to customer.
- Partner with the customer, sales/commercial and region in order to help develop and execute strategies for growing the Services & Offshore offerings, sales, and profitability. Interface regularly with the Product Line leaders to review progress of customer growth initiatives and participate in the development of new product & service offerings.
- Partner with the Regional Leader and the matrix organization to drive operational excellence with processes and tools with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide coaching, encouragement, motivation and development to project team to ensure development of strong talent pool and robust succession planning for customers in Nigeria.
- Responsible for training and education of all Project Managers in the principles of project management.
- Single point of ownership for customer technical, financial, quality and execution requirements. Develop execution plans along with Commercial, Engineering, Quality, Sourcing and Supply Chain functions to ensure equipment and services scopes of work delivery to the customer on-time and with superior customer experience.
- Lead project risk management in the identification and mitigation of commercial, technical, and execution risk.
- Promote and own a working environment to achieve excellence in EHS, Compliance, Quality, Customer Service & Productivity.
Principal Account Abilities:
- Non-productive time
- On-time delivery
- Revenue and as-sold CM
- Net promoter score
- Orders including change orders and extra work.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college (preference of Engineering or other technical degree) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Oil & Gas or relevant industry experience is preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of Sub sea production equipment and services
- Ability to manage & lead effectively in a dynamic, matrix and fast paced environment
- Ability to develop, layout, and execute on detailed project execution plans and programs
- Ability to problem solve while staying objective and analytical
- Ability to travel within region as determined by customer and regional needs
- Proven performance track record.
- 5+ years of experience in project/contract management or operations role with 3+ years in a management role
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques (PMP certification preferred) as applicable to equipment manufacture, field services and service equipment (e.g. tools) management
- Proficiency and ability to work with IT systems including but not limited to Oracle, Primavera, AS400, SAP, and Microsoft Office suite
- Business acumen and commercial savvy including strong knowledge of contractual terms and conditions to facilitate potential negotiations with customers.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Nigeria regional characteristic
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to get deep into operations and demonstrating accountability to resolve issues through a positive and team oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence in a cross-functional, global and matrix environment
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with issues, tasks and driving them to closure
- Strong focus on customer service and relationship building including experience handling customer issues/escalations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply