WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy Jobs operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crane Operator & Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO)
Job Number: WTSOA19849
Type of Employment: Contract
Scope of the Work
- Crane Operator undertakes all types of crane lifting operations inboard and outboard following TUPNI standard during all FPSO activities and operations.
- He is responsible: For the safe and efficient operation of the various cranes located on the FPSO.
- For safety and efficiently lifting and moving/relocating equipment, containers, pipe, systems, stores and various materials and supplies utilized in the operations and daily functions of the FPSO.
- This includes offloading and back-loading of equipment and cargoes from supply vessels, as well as moving heavy or bulky materials throughout the FPSO.
- In exceptional situation and upon request of the site’s RSES, personnel transfer by FROG might be requested to be performed. − Acts as HLO
- Crane operations: He prepares and verifies all lifting equipment prior lifting operations (condition and certification).
- He carries out the lifting operations on board the FPSO according to site’s procedures.
- He must be knowledgeable in all facets of crane operations and safety procedures.
- He supports the lifting certification inspector during lifting equipment certification.
- He monitors and assesses work environment, including weather conditions.
- He carries out a daily visual inspection of the cranes and associated equipment (wires, hoist, etc…).
- He participates to FPSO lifting equipment maintenance activities above first level.
- He is entitles to stop any crane lifting for safety reasons (weather conditions, etc…).
- He reports on basis a daily, weekly, monthly FPSO the deck activities to the Marine Operation Manager (MOM)
- He fills crane operator log book.
- He recovers data to perform activity and maintenance reports. Helicopter operations:
- He supervises the safe slinging and rigging of equipment. − He plans and calculates load capacities to ensure that all cargoes are lifted within the safe lifting parameters of cranes.
- He performs FPSO lifting equipment maintenance (1st level) including the cable change.
- He receives and transfers cargoes from/to supply vessels.
- He maintains safe crane operations as per company and manufacturers procedures/guidelines within the crane’s capabilities.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in lifting operations is required, with 2 years at the level stage 3 as minimum.
- Crane operator (level OPITO 3 or equivalent) with man-riding certification. + Experience for driving Liebher crane with Knuckle boom.
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry is required (working in hazardous area, ATEX concept).
- Fluent in English
- Technical knowledge of lifting equipments found offshore (offshore cranes, gantry cranes, forklifts, slings, etc.)
- Exhaustive knowledge of International lifting standards and best practices (EN, FME, ISO, etc.)
- Ability to understand risk analysis, lifting plan − Good writing skills (issuance of reports, audits, synthesis)
- Bosiet certificate
- OPITO Helicopter landing officer certificate (HLO)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply