The Wood Factory Limited – We are a leading Company in Construction and Furniture Industry in Abuja Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CNC Operator
Job Type: Full Time
- The Wood Factory is looking for a WEEKE CNC operator with proven experience in woodwork manufacturing.
- The Operator must ensure panels are cut to required specifications and maintain a high level of productivity and quality control.
- Both Nigerian and foreign/expatriate Operators are encouraged to apply.
- The position is full time and is based in our Factory in Abuja. The Wood Factory will hire at least 1, but ideally up to 3 Operators should they meet the criteria.
- The candidate will join a large and dynamic production team, manufacturing high-end furniture products.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operator is to set up, calibrate and operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines following an assigned production schedule.
- At least 2 years experience as a CNC woodworking machine tool operator.
- Experience working in a manufacturing furniture factory highly desirable.
- Performs preventative maintenance based on machine schedule. Runs machine based on production demand and maintains machine efficiency and productivity matrix.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ability to design and optimize CNC programs for furniture/display stands components.
- Mechanical aptitude in troubleshooting machine problems and initiating repairs of machines.
- Ensures that all the production work is done in accordance with the approved construction drawings, contract documents and project specifications.
- Set up, program and operate one or more computerized or manual woodworking machines.
- Operate preset special purpose woodworking machines to fabricate high-end wood products.
- Fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures and other wood products.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Sets up and runs CNC routers with a woodworking manufacturing environment.
- Loads/unloads panels and parts on the machine bed.
- Advanced knowledge in CNC programming software.
- Technical and mechanical aptitude in troubleshooting machine problems and initiating repairs of machines.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and utilize precision measuring instruments.
- Ability of interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet tight delivery deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail is essential as the company produces furniture and wood products with the highest manufacturing and finishing standards.
- Advanced knowledge in WOODWOP 4.
- Good in Autocad, Alpha Cam or other CAD Software.
- Ability to design and optimize CNC programs for furniture and display stands components.
- Trained in manufacturing processes and methods including layout assembly and production equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply