At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mobile Harbour Crane Manager
- Manages the maintenance and repair of cranes in a timely and cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of equipment
- Ensures the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition, in accordance with planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems
- Monitors warranties and ensure claims under warranty are filed
- Keep operations aware of current equipment availability by regular communications and by issuing reports as directed
- Manages the Crane team members to work effectively and efficiently as a team and with the Operations group to ensure optimum equipment availability
- Designs with planning unit for the scheduling of maintenance program and to provide feedback with a goal of continual improvement
- Ensure that breakdowns are corrected promptly and to make sure that follow-up work is undertaken
- Monitors repairs on the equipment (MHC) does not adversely affect the services to Operations
- Works closely with internal customers and staff providing professional expertise and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Recommend and develop equipment overall and improvement modification
- Supervises subcontractors work on-site and any major projects or repairs.
- 5 year degree in engineering, with a solid foundation in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- 5-10 years of Management experience in a Crane maintenance section in any port
- Budgeting and profit and loss management experience.
- Experience on Liebherr Mobile harbour cranes is preferred. (Preferably 500/ 550 range). Must have extensive repair experience, including advanced knowledge of hydraulic, electrical, electronic, mechanical and related subjects.
- Analytical and systematic thinking
- Knowledge of wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various equipment.
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 18th April, 2017.