At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® tosurvivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director
Expected Travel: up to 40%
Language Requirement: ENGLISH
Employee Duration: Active Full-Time
- CARE is seeking for Country Director (CD) is CARE International’s legal representative in Nigeria which is a new office for CARE.
- S/he leads CARE’s strategy and operations in the country towards CARE’s vision and Mission.
- More specifically, the CD drives for impact that benefits women and girls, address injustice and discrimination, and enhances the lives of poor and vulnerable communities.
- The CD provides strategic leadership and guidance to the Country Office team and to external partners to:
- Ensure that CARE’s role in the country continuously evolves for maximum impact and relevance to the environment
- Position CARE as a partner of choice and an influential voice in reducing poverty and social injustice
- The CD for CARE Nigeria is responsible for fulfilling the CI approved “Performance Standards of Country Offices”.
- S/he oversees the development, funding and implementation of the Country Office (CO) program portfolio.
- S/he is responsible for adequate emergency preparedness and manages emergency programming and operations.
- S/he establishes and sustains productive relationships and political influence with government officials, donors and strategic partners. S/he leads the CO’s fundraising strategy and ensures the CO’s financial viability. An organizational citizen, s/he contributes to CI’s global strategy, shares knowledge and supports the generation of evidence to inform CARE’s global programming.
- The CD is also accountable for competent operational and risk management, including the proper management, well being and safety of CARE staff and the proper stewardship of CARE’s resources. The CD models and ensures systematic practice of CARE core values – Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence- S/he also promotes Gender Equality and Diversity among CO staff and in programming.
- The CD models new ways of working and drives the teams toward the CARE 2020 vision, fostering innovation, holistic planning and programming and helping to build effective teams, coalitions and networks. S/he encourages on-going staff development to motivate and strengthen the teams’ resilience in the face of change.
- Staff Management
- Strategy Development
- Human Resources
- External Relations, Partnerships and Advocacy
- Program Impact and relevance
- Resource mobilization & operations viability
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 6-8 years in senior management position in development field.
- Strategic and operational Management.
- People/Relationship Management.
- Financial Management.
- Information/Knowledge Management.
- External Relationships/Fundraising.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 13th April, 2017.