Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good governance, adopting a right base approach.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Req ID 1523
Fulltime/ 40 hours a week
6 months, renewable
Purpose of the Position
- To develop and coordinate Oxfam response in new project sites, (incl. newly accessible areas) to ensure delivery to plans and accountability to back-donors.
- Ensure effective, high-quality, timely and safe delivery of first phase response in accordance with the programme plans agreed with donors, in compliance with Oxfam procedures, donor regulations and government regulations;
- Ensure Health and Safety by setting up and developing an Oxfam base (office and accommodation); complete planning and budgeting for a more permanent and higher quality compound – as necessary and appropriate;
- In liaison with the Norht East Coordinator, ensure safety and security of all Oxfam staff and assets, reducing risks to a minimum;
- Ensure that the programme is implemented in a consultative, participative and gender sensitive way;
- Support the implementation of a clear and effective monitoring plan against qualitative and quantitative indicators (developed by MEAL Officer), ensuring that accountability and learning take place;
- In line with Oxfam’s management policies, ensure a clear and supportive working environment, which encourages staff to perform and develop, interact positively with each other and reflect Oxfam’s values in their daily work;
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate financial controls for the programme, including regularly monitoring budgets,
- Ensure narrative and financial reporting within agreed deadlines in compliance with Oxfam as well as donor guidelines;
- Represent Oxfam and develop effective working relationships with local government and host community, in support of our work and mandate;
- Ensure timely and effective communication and coordination between the teams in the field sites and coordinators in Maiduguri;
- Represent Oxfam in external meetings and INGO/UN coordination meetings.
- You have a Bachelors/Masters degree in Humanitarian, Management, International Development, Public Health or related field along with training in Humanitarian action and knowledge of principles and practices of program management and emergency response;
- Proven sound judgement in complex situations;
- Broad set of management skills (financial, people and agency management). This includes excellent people management skills with a good understanding of team development and proven financial management skills;
- Substantial international experience in operational programmes in complex humanitarian situations (preferably in isolated parts of Africa and conflict contexts);
- Demonstrating ability to lead, give guidance to teams and ensure the effective running of a field office
- Understanding of key crosscutting issues in humanitarian work including one or more of the following issues: gender, protection, conflict sensitivity, humanitarian access negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direct supervision in a high-paced, stressful and unpredictable environment;
- Proven experience in security management, particularly in monitoring and assessing situations;
- A high level of interpersonal, communications and representational skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
What We Offer
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between € 2962,– to € 4557,– gross based on 40 hours a week. R&R is part of the package.
Note: Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 14th April, 2017.