Synapse Services is a “Center for Psychological Medicine”, that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, inpatient facilities/treatment and rehabilitation services. We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are currently recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Lekki Ajah Area – Lagos
Core Job Functions
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behaviour and/or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, and addiction, social and interpersonal problems.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioural issues, and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists;
- Facilitate diverse Group therapeutic sessions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling or treatments, and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, and then modify plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Obtain and study medical, psychological, social, and family histories, by interviewing individuals, couples, or families, and by reviewing records.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, Intensity, and duration of therapy.
- Prepare and type a biopsychosocial assessment, psychological case formulation and develop an individualised treatment plan for every patient in therapy.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Utilize a variety of treatment methods such as cognitive behavioural therapy, psychotherapy, behaviour modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama and play therapy.
- The post holder will also be interviewed to function as a program officer for Reconnect Health Development Initiative Reconnect HDI.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Master degree in Clinical Psychology
- Must have completed NYSC
- Minimum of 2 years internship and/ or paid Clinical experience
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management and business development skills
- Proactive problem solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- Knowledge of Psychological Formulations using different psychological models
- Knowledge of Psychological Assessment using standardized tests/scales
- Knowledge and application of psychological theories, principles/models
- A sound knowledge of Psychological Treatments/Interventions
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill.
- Excellent remuneration packages exist for this roles, and will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title the subject of your email.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2017.