PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, an investment holding company with a controlling interest in a Nigerian Electricity Distribution Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
Reference Number: 130-PEO00717
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The Company Secretary will support Executive Management in taking decisions around Corporate Law, Finance, Governance, Strategy, & Corporate Secretarial Practice
Record Keeping and Compliance:
- Organise and house all material records for the company from inception (2011) to date, including CAC filings and supporting documentation for amendments, Board approvals, Board resolutions, Debt Facility agreements, etc.
- Interact closely with management of the company’s flagship distribution company to ensure a high standard of record keeping and compliance with regards to CAC filings and other documentation
- Interact closely with the company’s offshore company to ensure they have all required information to maintain up to date corporate records and the good standing of the company
- Interact closely with other industry stakeholders to ensure the interest of the company and its stakeholders are well represented and defended
Communication, Legal Insight & Analysis:
- Generate quality, timely reports on the corporate governance situation of the company and its subsidiaries on at least a monthly basis, including compliance gaps on financial, tax, regulatory legal, or other filings
- Monitor all live, pending, and potential legal cases of the company and its subsidiaries, advising the Board on matters that are potentially material to the company and/or its subsidiaries
- Ensure a high standard of legal due diligence is carried out when new investment opportunities arise for the group
- Advise on the legal and statutory ramifications of proposed initiatives and business decisions
- Minimum of a degree in law is required
- Minimum of 8 years work experience as a Company Secretary with 4 years in a Senior Management role
- Experience in the Power & Utilities industry and knowledge of relevant regulations, filings and orders is preferable
- Direct experience handling CAC filings, knowledge of company law and governance
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reference Number: 130-PEO00716
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The CFO will play a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and leaders of the business units, with emphasis on bottom lime performance working capital, and enhancing shareholder value.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interact closely with management of the company’s flagship distribution company in order to be well updated on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial performance
- Closely monitor the financial performance of our client’s services arm, flagging any shortfalls and highlighting opportunities for growth in revenue, new services and/or improved profitability
- Generate quality, timely reports of the financial performance of the company and its subsidiaries on at least a monthly basis, including the achievement of or failure to achieve targets for revenue growth, loss reduction, etc.
- Take lead responsibility for the company’s accounting function, including maintaining up to date accounting records, preparing and circulating to Board members the management accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as working with the Board Finance Sub-Committee and External Auditors to ensure timely completion, sign-off and filing of annual audited accounts
- Take responsibility for all tax and statutory matters (e.g. income tax, PAYE, pension, group life, VAT, etc.), including the implementation of optimal tax structuring for the company and its subsidiaries
Debt Management and Fund Raising:
- Report to the CEO and stakeholders at least monthly, on the status of outstanding loans of the company and its subsidiaries
- Interact with major equipment suppliers and service providers, especially existing suppliers of the company’s flagship distribution company, for the purpose of obtaining preferred purchase terms and conditions
- Engage with the company’s lenders on a regular basis, exploring and seizing opportunities for advantageous loan restructuring, minimization of lender management fees, etc.
- Interact with global and local investors and lenders for the purpose of raising capital to fund the growth of the company and its subsidiaries
- Interact closely with finance and accounting staff of the company’s subsidiaries to ensure accounting records, taxes and related statutory matters are fully up to date
- Regularly collect and analyse financial and accounting data of the company’s subsidiaries to flag any concerns about revenue shortfall, cost-overruns, leakages, etc., while also highlighting and encouraging good performance, material growth, and new opportunities to improve the underlying business
- Develop and maintain a detailed financial model for the company and its subsidiaries, including scenarios of projected performance, expected debt repayment, projected dividends, etc.
- Develop and maintain together with the finance team of the company’s flagship distribution company, detailed tariff models in appropriate format for the distribution business, as well as potential generation opportunities that may benefit the company and/or its subsidiaries and end users
Treasury Function and Foreign Exchange:
- On a day-to-day basis, in coordination with finance staff of the company’s subsidiaries, obtain a full view of the group’s liquidity position in terms of Naira and foreign currencies, fixed deposits, treasury securities, near term receivables, etc.
- Engage with commercial banks, merchant banks, bureau de change operators, etc. to identify and seize the opportunity to procure US Dollars at favourable rates
- Minimum of a first Degree in any discipline and MBA or Masters in a related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Finance/Accounting with 5 years in a Senior Management role.
- Strong financial experience, especially with servicing of loans, corporate treasury management and foreign exchange.
- Accounting certification – ACCA, ICAN, etc.
- Direct experience preparing annual accounts for audit, interacting with tax authorities and other regulatory agencies.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reference Number: 130-PEO00715
Department:People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The CEO will be responsible for overseeing the development and efficient implementation of the Corporate Strategy through effective leadership.
- Oversee the development and efficient implementation of strategies that:
- Drive significant revenue growth and improved profitability of the company’s flagship distribution company via increases in power supply, reduction in commercial losses, optimisation of power distribution, customer acquisition, improved utilisation of staff and assets, territorial expansion, tariff strategy, noncore revenue growth and/or other means
- Grow the company’s capabilities, revenues and profit as a service provider to the power industry
- Identify and vet new investment opportunities for the company to potentially expand its portfolio
Leadership & Communication:
- Interact closely with management of the company’s flagship distribution company, Board Members of both the company and its distribution company, as well as company staff
- Represent the company at meetings with lenders, government officials, investors, service providers, development financial institutions, original equipment manufacturers, customers, potential target companies, tax officials, the company’s offshore company secretary, etc.
- Prepare and present critical corporate performance updates (financial, strategic, development, legal, etc.) to relevant company stakeholders at each Board meeting and/or via the circulation of reports via electronic mail on at least a monthly basis
- Act as the centre of information for group communication, corresponding with staff and Directors of the company and its subsidiaries, and the company’s offshore company secretary
- Working with other company staff, take responsibility to ensure timely and accurate filing of audited financial statements, tax documents, regulatory reports, etc. in Nigeria and other countries of company’s operations
- Attend board meetings of the company’s flagship distribution company (and future subsidiaries) as an observer for the purpose of:
- Ensuring the implementation of all Board decisions and major activities of the flagship distribution company, many of which may be material and require communication back to the company stakeholders
- In conjunction with the CFO, ensure the generation of quality timely reports on the financial performance of the company and its subsidiaries on at least a monthly basis, including achievement of or failure to achieve targets for revenue growth, loss reduction, etc.
- In conjunction with the Company Secretary, ensure the generation of timely reports on the corporate governance situation of the company and its subsidiaries, including compliance gaps on tax, regulatory, legal, or other filings
- Monitoring the performance of the flagship distribution company (and future subsidiaries), with an eye to meeting or exceeding revenue and profitability targets and the successful implementation of key corporate initiatives
- Ensuring that relevant company Board decisions that impact the flagship distribution company are communicated clearly to the distribution company’s Board of Directors and Management team.
- Minimum of a first degree in any discipline and MBA or Masters in a related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years work experience with 5 years in a Senior Management role
- Strong financial experience, especially with servicing of loans, corporate treasury management, foreign exchange, procuring financing and/or closing acquisitions, etc.
- Experience in the power and utilities industry, mass consumer products space, and/or supply chain management would be an added advantage
- Previous experience in a business transformation exercise, e.g. privatization, corporate restructuring, etc. (preferable).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 11th April, 2017.