Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is a bilateral development agency fully funded by the Government of Japan as the implementing arm of Japanese Official Development Assistance. In Nigeria, JICA has been operating a wide range of projects/programmes contributing to promotion of Economic Growth through Infrastructure Development and Poverty Reduction through Social Development.
Job Title: Short-term Consultant for Internal Ex-Post Evaluation of Water Projects
Location: Abuja with travels to Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) implements internal ex-post project evaluation on technical cooperation/grant aid three years after project completion (in principle) in order to review the current situation, operation, maintenance, and management of the completed project neutrally and impartially.
The main objectives of JICA’s ex-post evaluation are:
- To improve the projects further through the PDCA [Plan (planning), Do (implementation), Check (post-completion), and Action (feedback)] cycle;
- To ensure accountability to stakeholders including Japanese nationals and people of the partner country. JICA Nigeria Office evaluates the project based on the DAC 5 evaluation criteria (relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, and sustainability).
- The results of the evaluation will be fed back to the counterpart and be publicized via the JICA webpage.
- The role of the consultant is to support JICA Nigeria Office (evaluator) to conduct evaluation process smoothly in accordance with the Scope of Work stipulated in the link provided below.
- Eligible candidate will be required to meet the following conditions:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Water Sector or Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) or equivalent or more.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience including evaluation or equivalent
- Excellent oral communication skills in Hausa.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good analytical skills and ability to deal with various stakeholders.
- A strong sense of commitment, and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the link below to download the Request for Proposal form and other necessary application documents so as to complete the applicaion process.
Click here to download the Request for Proposal Form and other necessary Application