Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years and we want you to help make it happen
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Product Manager
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- Andela is seeking a Product Manager with world-class expertise in product management to build and execute on Andela’s product roadmap, and contribute to the continuing growth of our team of African technology leaders. At Andela we do things a little differently.
- We build software and products to support these talented people (we call them Fellows) in continuously developing their skills while doing exceptional work for their clients and colleagues.
- You know how to collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the company’s goals, and gather an understanding of industry trends and opportunities in order to formulate and direct the company’s product roadmap.
- We consider our product to be the talented people (we call them “Fellows”) we embed into technology teams around the world.
- You also know how to transfer the knowledge, behaviours and beliefs of your expertise to any technology professional from entry level to senior product managers.
- You’ll also find new challenges in crafting vertically integrated software products that supports the Andela Fellowship.
In this job you will:
- Reporting to the Director of Product, you will own 1 or more of our internal products and product lead them either directly or through the use of Andela’s Fellows.
- You will ensure that your internal products/software meet our business needs and have high usability.
- You will also have a strong hands-on presence: from mentoring and coaching Andela Fellows, to working seamlessly with our Education, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing, Success, Operations and Engineering departments, you’ll ensure alignment and deliver results.
You will also:
- Manage the product roadmap of one or more products
- Maintain requirements documents and other assets that articulate Andela’s user needs
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Work with the Learning Department to define learning outcomes for Product Management
- Create and prioritize the backlog for your products
- Communicate product direction to all relevant team members
- Mentor and advise fellows wishing to become Product Managers
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- Located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya and travel regularly between our centers.
- 2-5+ years of digital product management experience at a software company
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Technical fluency. You don’t have to be an engineer, but you do need to speak the language
- An eye for design.
- Strong project management and analytical skills, with a tendency toward data-backed decisions
You’re the kind of Person Who:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in Product Management
- Loves unlocking the potential of others and wants to learn how to do it even better
- Can support apprentices in learning from more experienced team members
- Are relentless in your desire to understand your users and the challenges they face.
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply