ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual
trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are currently seeking applications from a motivated candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Project Manager (Food Assistance)
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started setting up operations in Nigeria recently and is supporting IDPs and vulnerable people in Borno state with WaSH and Food Assistance. ZOA operates from its office in Maiduguri. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
Purpose of the position
- The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of the e-voucher based Food Assistance project in Maiduguri.
- He/She will lead, coordinate and supervise the execution and progress of the Food Assistance project.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage implementation of the Food assistance project activities relating to technical specialty, in accordance with ZOA standards and guidelines;
- Liase with and report to the Consortium Manager. (The project is implemented in a consortium of 3 NGOs)
- Ensure that the quality of the interventions meet national and/or international (technical) standards (CHS / HAP);
- Pro-actively detect and resolve potential obstacles in project implementation;
- Liaising with key community stakeholders, as required (in close communication with the programme manager),
- Project Cycle Management, including technical design, formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, monitoring and reporting within the programme area;
- Management of 2 – 4 project staff;
- Monitor and report on progress of activities in accordance with ZOA reporting and monitoring system;
- Provide technical input into the development and implementation of ZOA’s programme plan;
- Conduct field research, needs assessments, evaluations etc, from time to time, as directed;
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Government on a provincial/district and local level;
- Community members, community leaders and community-based organizations (including Bulama’s and Lawan);
- International organisations operating in the programme area including UN;
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level.
- Project staff,
- ZOA country office staff.
Provides Leadership to:
- Project team of about 2 – 4 persons.
- The Project Manager is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA.
- University degree in relevant field and/or experience in cash based programming;
- Proven working experience of 3 – 5 years in project management of which at least 1 year in staff management and coordination;
- Project cycle management (PCM);
- Project budgeting;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Good knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri (Shuwa-Arab preferable);
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Participative leadership;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation with ‘Project Manager – Food Assistance, Maiduguri’ in the subject to: email@example.com