The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country. It also has a mandate to help stateless people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordination and Camp Management Officer (CCCM)
Job ID: 13844
- The Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Officer is a focal point for camp management activities in the North East and reports to the Head of Sub Office in Maiduguri. The incumbent supports the office strategy of enhancement of IDP response program through an integrated approach working closely with Protection, Programme and field based staff.
- The incumbent is based in Maiduguri with responsibility to undertake missions to all areas where the offices integrated IDP interventions are taking place making direct contact with the target population to assess needs and to monitor the response while staying abreast of challenges and opportunities posed by the local political, economic and socio-cultural context impacting on project implementation.
- The CCCM Officer assists in the design and preparation of the Office CCCM interventions, in particular by ensuring that it is based on consultations and actual needs of affected population. To achieve this, the incumbent will aim at strengthening Implementing Partners and other stake holders capacity, including local authorities, in CCCM principles, approaches, operational standards and tools.
Essential Minimum Qualifications And Professional Experience Required
- Advanced University Degree in a field of study that offers a comprehensive view of Community Organization, Planning and Design (e.g. Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning or a related field) and/or Social Sciences (e.g. Humanitarian Affairs, Development Studies, Political Science, or a related field), or an equivalent combination of camp management and humanitarian experience in a related area.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant job experience (8 years with university degree), of which a minimum of 2 years of field experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- CCCM Training.
- UNHCR Management Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Workshop on Emergency Management.
- Applied knowledge in UNHCR’s protection mandate, its policies and priorities in relation to IDPs and CCCM.
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- Demonstrated expertise in program management and reporting requirements.
- Good working knowledge of French and Arabic.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 3rd May, 2017.