KPMG Nigeria – Our client is one of Nigeria’s foremost leading insurance services companies. Over the years, the company has built a reputation of honouring its underwriting commitments and excellence in claims handling. In line with our client’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading practices in financial management processes, the company is seeking to hire an exceptional individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Ref #: CFO/INS/007
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Detailed Job Description
- Reporting to the MD/CEO and the Board, the jobholder will provides financial direction, planning and accounting to the business.
- The role also plans and directs short-term and long term financial goals, ensure fiscal compliance & governance and manages short & long term funding.
Liquidity & Treasury Management:
- Ensures that optimal liquidity is available to deliver business plan.
- Review working capital/cash flow requirement on a regular basis.
- Monitor Banking activities for the entire Group for proper running and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions with the cash books.
- Negotiate/arranges external finance, when necessary.
Budgeting and Financial Forecast:
- Develop plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Present operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
Financial Analysis & Interpretation:
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of Financial Reports coming from companies (subsidiaries and associate) within the Group.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Group (Company and subsidiaries).
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinating regulatory and supervisory functions – Complied with regulatory requirements by approving and files statements and reports; files returns and pays taxes.
- Managing relationship with Regulatory and Statutory bodies, i.e. NAICOM, FIRS, Lagos State Internal revenue Service, etc.
Internal Control & Monitoring:
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Ability to develop versatility for the handling of various business application within the Group.
- Oversees the activities of all FCs for proper coordination and should be able to coordinate branch financial activities properly.
- Oversees activities of Employees In Teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, recommends and terminates as necessary.
- Works through HODs in setting standards, priorities and schedules.
- Employee Engagement for Finance Group.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field.
- A qualified / certified Accountant (ACA/ACCA); CFA is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to project/process manage.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management.
- Demonstrable understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory issues as well as Global best practices.
- Minimum of 15 years financial experience, with at least 5 years in Senior Financial Management capacity spanning Corporate, Business Planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury Management and Accounting with excellent knowledge of insurance Business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply