New Incentives is a US-based nonprofit committed to implementing health-related cash transfer programs to save lives in developing countries. Operating in Nigeria, New Incentives gives pregnant women with at-risk pregnancies conditional cash transfers, which encourage them to follow medical advice and treatment so that their children are born healthy.
Job Title: Senior Field Officers
The Senior Field Officers will support New Incentives’ program that utilizes cash transfers to encourage mothers to complete the immunization schedule of their infants. The program is operated in cooperation with the State Primary Healthcare Development Board in Katsina/Zamfara State (pending approval). The primary duty in the role will be to supervise the work of our Field Volunteers at select public health facilities. However, you will also be enrolling beneficiaries yourself at public clinics to become an expert in our operations.
Senior Field Officers might be hired full-time, part-time or for short supervisory assignments.
Senior Field Officers will work at clinics throughout Katsina and Zamfara State and must already be based / reside in one of the following towns:
- Talata Mafara
- Kaura Namoda
Over the past years, Nigeria has considerably expanded the availability of vaccination services for infants. Despite this progress on the supply-side, demand for vaccinations remains relatively low. New Incentives encourages mothers to fully vaccinate their infants with cash transfers and thereby ensures their babies are protected against deadly diseases. The cash transfers allow the mothers to afford transport to the clinic and compensate them for lost income.
- Supervise field volunteers enrolling beneficiaries at remote public clinics
- Assist the management with other duties related to the program
- Please note that this is a hands-on job for a hard-working, dedicated young leader. This is NOT a leadership position where most of the work can be delegated.
- Control electronic beneficiary records and expenses of field volunteers and give feedback
- Train staff on an ongoing basis to guarantee high quality operations
- Conduct audits to prevent fraud and poor performance
- Interact with stakeholders like superintendents and state officials
- Please also note the adequate but modest salary (see below).
- Fluency in local languages/dialects spoken in Katsina/Zamfara State, especially Hausa. Please state the names of the languages/dialects you can speak and your fluency level for each language in your cover letter.
- Nigerian national already based in Katsina or Zamfara State. Needs to already be based in either Katsina (Daura, Dutsin-Ma, Funtua, Katsina) or Zamfara (Gusau, Kaura Namoda, Talata Mafara or Anka)
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality
- Excellent communications and writing skills, English, Hausa and dialects (verbal and written)
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, internet browsers, smartphones and new communications technology in general
- Hard-working, result-oriented and loyal
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure
- Minimum of Bachelor degree, preferably in the field of health or other natural sciences
- Experience in managing small teams
- Willingness to work at remote public clinics a few days per week and take public transport to reach them
- Experience with the Nigerian health system and clinic documentation, particularly related to infant health and vaccinations
- Experience in collecting, synthesizing and drawing conclusions from (health) data desirable
- Careful attention to financial matters and management of funds
- Detail-oriented, diligent professional
How to Apply
Applications are accepted only online through Breezy HR and must include the following attachments:
- One-page CV
- Brief letter of motivation (maximum of 300 words)
The selection process for this position is competitive. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates short-listed based on their online applications will have to undergo a series of online tests and phone interviews that allow for the identification of the most qualified person in a transparent and meritocratic manner. At the end of the process, candidates will be invited to an in-person training and the best candidates will be offered a position.
Please note that New Incentives is dedicated to spending the largest share possible on its beneficiaries and therefore limits its administrative costs. This results in modest but adequate salaries for its staff. Do not expect salaries that larger international organizations or corporations might offer.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply to apply.