KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business
community. As one of the leading providers of professional services, KPMG knows that the success and growth of the firm also depends on the success and growth of the Nigerian economy. Hence, it champions progressive change and makes the future happen for its clients, people and the community, thereby enabling Nigeria’s success.
Auto req ID: 122986BR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Infrastructure – Facilities
Service Line: Facilities
Engagement Type: Graduate Hire
- Carry out the day to day operations of HSE department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with stakeholders and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis, identifying trends, proposing improvement plans and ensuring implementation
- Comply with all Firm and HSE procedures and policies.
- Ensure compliance with policy of performing quarterly fire drills in all firm locations
- Maintain a HSE page on the local intranet to keep our staff members and partners seamlessly abreast of HSE standards and provisions in KPMG NG
Facility Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Walk all floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Perform Storm Water Discharge sampling and document events
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Up to 20% travel to other firm location for meetings, training, inspections, etc.
- Ability to oversee Safety Incentive Programs.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as Hazard Communication
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
- Performs Risk Assessment.
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HSE manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering/HSE sciences or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in Health, Safety and Environment
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using HSE Auditing Techniques
- Industrial Hygiene, and Gas Dispersion, Modelling, Explosion Indices and ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001.
- Good knowledge of English
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted..
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply