The Hill City Consulting Limited – A rapidly growing and expanding retail pharmaceutical company and chain store requires for immediate employment, a Human Resource and Admin Officer. The company is fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a Limited Liability Company and licensed by both the Pharmacists’ Council of Nigeria and the Veterinary Council of Nigeria to engage in the sales and distribution of all pharmaceutical and veterinary products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resource and Admin Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Planning, directing and co-coordinating human resource activities of the organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies and regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensations and employee relations.
- Create, Maintain an updated staff records of all staff including bio-data, staff birth dates and relevant anniversaries. Electronic database of the same must also be maintained.
- Prepare all staff-related correspondences including: Letters of Appointments, Job reviews, Staff Confirmation, exit interviews, internal memos and other relevant documentations. Disseminate Information to all staff using all available mediums of communication on meetings/trainings/appraisals/ changing trends in the organizational policy frame-work and any other developments within the organization.
- Serve as link between the management and employees by handling question, interpreting and administering employment contract and resolve work-related problems.
- Liaise with the accounts department and prepare the monthly payroll. Ensure the payroll is ready for approval by the Executive Director on the 1st working day of the new month irrespective of weekends or holidays.
- Represent the organization at personnel related hearings, events and investigations.
- Conduct & manage recruitment and hiring of personnel by pre-determining the personnel needs of the organization and ensuring that there’s a pool of curriculum vitae of eligible applicants at all times by maintaining a functional database of the same.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards organizational objectives.
- Ensure the administration/management of time book and time logs of the organization relating to resumption, staff movements outside the organization and break/lunch periods. Eliminate absenteeism/dereliction of duty. Prepare weekly reports on this.
- Identify specific training needs for all units of the organization and develop training curriculum that addresses the training needs.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisal for all staff, both new and old.
- Review existing policies of the organization. Develop new policies for management’s ratification as the need arises.
- Manage all issues relating to salary and benefits, casual leave, exam leave, sick leave, maternity leave, annual leave and other kinds.
- Foster team building and excellent employee relations using tools such as staff rotation, dispute resolution, team work etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc/HND in Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management, Business administration, Psychology, Sociology or related fields
- Certified or student membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) is an added advantage
- Strong and demonstrable desire to build a career in HR.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project and database management.
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability.
- Ranges between N420,000 to N480,000 per annum.
- When sending to email, please use the job title as the message title.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and application will not be considered.
- Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for the interview.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 19th May, 2017.