AS Operations West Africa Limited (ASO), is a Nigeria-registered subsidiary of Adam Smith International (ASI). ASO provides operational support to three DFID-funded projects in Nigeria, i.e. NIAF, GEMS and ENABLE. Operational services include IT and Communications; Residential and Hotel Accommodations; Administrative Support; Domestic Ground and Air Transportation; International Travel and Protocol; and, Security Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- Based in Lagos, the Finance Manager will be responsible for providing strategic management for a Fund Management Unit and providing oversight for financial management matters for the program.
- Approving the design and implementation of FM systems
- Oversight and approval of all budgets, procurement and grant disbursements, ensuring principles of due diligence are applied and legal procurement regulations strictly adhered to and Value for Money (VfM) is achieved
- Development of the Financial Management systems
- Making financial and operational written inputs into all program reports
- Day-to-day monitoring of budgets, managing of procurement process and grant disbursements
- Issuing and managing contracts (together with the Project Manager)
- Managing risk assessments and audits
- Reviewing proposals for funding and grantee progress
- Checking the integrity and quality of financial reporting
- Acting as joint point of contact (together with the Project Manager) for any financial enquiries and external audit function
- Overall monitoring and mitigation of fiduciary risk within the program
- Development of Due Diligence Framework and monitoring implementation
- Engaging with sub-contractors on a formal (reporting) and informal basis
- Maintenance of conflict of interest register
- Development and update of financial management manual for the fund
- Development and delivery of capacity building sessions
Education and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Accounting;
- Experience of working on grants-based projects
- Excellent organizational abilities;
- Accounting Certification: ICAN, ACCA or CITN;
- At least 10 years’ experience of financial management
- Ability to manage teams and delegate effectively
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience qualifications will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s to: email@example.com Please note “Finance Manager – Lagos” in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education, Experience, Licensing and Certification qualifications;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees
Application Deadline: 16:00hrs, 5th May, 2017.