Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo was founded by the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and licenced by the Federal Republic of Nigeria in January 2005 to operate as a private university. It is located on Oyo-Ogbomoso Road on the site of old St. Andrew’s College, Oyo.Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below in the University:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library and as the Coordinator of all Library services in the University.
- The University Librarian, as a Principal Officer of the University is expected to participate in the total life of the University which requires living in Oyo town.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must possess a good honours degree and a Masters degree in Library Science or Information Science and be sufficiently familiar with Computer applications to Library operations. Possession of a Doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should not be more than 55 years old by 1st October 2017.
- The candidate must have at least 15 years post-graduate experience, 10 of which must be in Senior Management position in the University or comparable institution and be well published in recognised and reputable journals.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The University Librarian shall hold office for five years single term. The remuneration and other conditions of service are as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
Job Title: Director of Works
Qualification and Experience
- A good honours degree in Engineering (i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, registrable with COREN (Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria) with at least 15 years post qualification experience, some of which must be in a University.The candidate should not be more than 55 years old by 1st October 2017.
- The post applied for and Department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application.
- In all instances, verifiable professional, academic, moral and spiritual references are prerequisites.
- Successful applicants must be willing to reside in Oyo.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 20 word processed copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
- Full names with surname in Capitals
- Post desired and Department
- Date of birth, Town and State of Origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No)
- Marital Status
- Names, Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Spouse
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Work Experience from Date and Status of First Appointment
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications in details (where applicable) ie. Books, Journals, Contributions to Books,etc
- Professional Accomplishments, Conferences I Seminars and Workshops attended with dates, Professional Record including Study and Research stays abroad.
- Extra-curricular activities and any other relevant information.
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees whose reports should be sealed and submittd along with the application. Two of the referees must be authorities in the candidates area of specialization.
All applications should be sent and addressed to:
Ajayi Crowther University,
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2017.