AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG (www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Software Architect
- Interact with our business and technology stakeholders to understand our business direction to ensure it informs our technology direction
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Work with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
Necessary Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least five years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
- At least two years of UML experience (Unified Modeling Language)
- At least two years of experience with software source control and version control
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems including database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security etc.
- DB Administration experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Experience in implementing operational automation
- Documentation skills for operational processes and procedures
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server including Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Good knowledge of Object-oriented Programming languages and relational database
- Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
- Ability to efficiently work with multiple developer teams
- Audit/approve developers’ change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers and views, as well as audit/approve new entries
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (DB Admin)
- Experience supporting developers to troubleshoot and write effective SQL
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Job Title: IT Database Administrator
- Assisting in database design
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
- Updating and amending existing databases
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Monitoring database efficiency
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to frontend users;
Necessary Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum B.Sc / HND in Computer Science or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least two hands-on relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Experience in developing logical and physical data models using data modeling tools
- Good Knowledge Of Microsoft Excel (Formulas, Pivot tables, V-lookup) and Office
- Good Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS)
- Efficient use of Microsoft SQL 2012, Strong SQL development, SQL analytics, tuning skills
- Programming/development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills such as Bulk collections, dynamic SQL, parallel processing
- Experience designing partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes, temporary tables and external tables to maximize storage and performance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
- Collaborative, consultative and customer-oriented approach
- Reliable team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluent English, both in writing and orally
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send a CV as an attachment to: email@example.com Kindly state the position as the subject matter of your application.
Application Deadline: 10th May, 2017.