African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SAP ABAP Developer – CHIS.1
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000552
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Department mission is to align the Information Technology delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems.
- Under the leadership of the Bank’s Information System’s Director, the Department is mandated to deliver the best possible Information Technology services for Bank staff and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
- The Business Solutions Development & Program Management Division is one of the four Divisions of the Corporate Information Technology Services Department.
- It provides secretarial services to the Information Systems Steering Committee, Planning & Administration services which support the Department’s business solutions development for the whole Bank and oversees the management of the information technology portfolio for the Bank through its Project Management Office.
- The SAP ABAP Developer will serve as a liaison between the business community and the Information Technology Services in order to provide business process, enable Information Technology solutions to meet user needs and analyze business operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses in order to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the administrative authority of the Division Manager of Corporate Applications Service, the SAP ABAP Developer should carry out the following duties:
- Design & develop SAP modules using various SAP objects based on specifications to be provided by the key users of the concerned Organizational units;
- Design large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result;
- Create and amend programs in accordance with the design;
- Test the developed solutions;
- Design and develop any required Interfaces to enable proper data exchange between SAP ECC6 and others Non-SAP systems using BAPI, PI PROXIES, WEB SERVICES or any SOA integration tools;
- Perform any SAP ABAP development based on users’ specifications;
- Provide the required documentation; document all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate;
- Work with data analysis colleagues where appropriate, produce or update system object/data models and correlate these with corporate models;
- Ensure follow up with the users by carrying out the quality assurance tests and make requested amendments and corrections;
- Ensure seamless integration to existing enhancements and standard already in use;
- Work with database design or database administration colleagues where appropriate. Translate object and data models into appropriate DB schemas within design constraints;
- Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of program design, creation, testing and documentation;
- Conduct reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
Standards & Governance:
- Develop and gain buy-in to application development standards which fit into the appropriate phases of the Project Lifecycle Model;
- Develop and gain buy-in to re-usable system analysis and application development components which can be easily transferred from project to project;
- Put in place mechanisms and procedures for the structured review of work produced and ensure that these are adhered to;
- Establish and maintain agreed standards applicable to the work undertaken and ensure that they are adhered to.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in computer science, software development or related business fields.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in SAP ABAP development in ECC6.0 or higher versions.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in ABAP Workbench.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP configuration and development methods and disciplines.
- Full end to end understanding of SAP implementations, development, quality and production environments in SAP related competencies such as SAP ABAP (RICEF), Workflow, SAP NetWeaver, ECC 6.0 and MDM.
- ABAP Certification is a plus.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Good understanding of data structures and data objects.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Experience with industry standard Applications Development languages, tools and methods.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Ability to interact with all stakeholder levels of commercial, operations, technology, and back-office colleagues.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 25th May, 2017.