Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Start date: 15th May 2017
- To conduct interviews with individuals selected beneficiaries and provide immediate feedback for validation.
- To conduct data collection using mobile phone
- Write down the answer in an ordinate and clear way, recording responses accurately;
- Interpret interview results to third party.
- Interpret the interview findings in English.
- To transcribe and take notes from phone interviews
- Ask questions in a clear and kind manner, and ask all the questions exactly as worded:
- Probe to clarify unclear answers;
- Secondary or Tertiary education
- Able to use mobile data platforms
- Ability to use computers
- Should be able to translate responses from language of interview to English
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Should be able to communicate fluently in Hausa plus any of the three Kare Kare, Fulani and Kanuri
- Should be able to communicate effectively using a mobile device
- Should have the ability to ask probing and follow up questions
- Previous experience as Enumerator.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience working with INGOs in data collection
- Knowledge in cash programming
- Good in short hand note taking with eligible hand writing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Enumerator – Abuja”.
- Also note that applications will be processed on First Come First Served basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply