Ibis is an international hotel company, owned by a holding company of hotels AccorHotels approximately three times the size, that is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. The ibis opened its founding hotel in 1974 and in January 2014 the company opened the 1,000th example in Surabaya, Indonesia. Around 400 ibis Hotels are throughout France and most of the remainder are elsewhere in Europe. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports or railway stations and offer low rates compared to many global hotel groups of comparable size.
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Executive
- Define and implement sales strategy in his business scope in accordance with the action plans of the Hotel General Manager
- Achieve business targets by managing the total revenue and Market share for Accor Hotels in his business scope, develop where possible sales through connected channels, in favor of hotel direct channels
- Identify business opportunities and ensure clients loyalty in his business scope through the promotion and enrolment to Accor loyalty programs
- Track, analyze and report business trends in the market with some appropriate recommendations for new opportunities
- Develop and animate his existing accounts portfolio (in line with Accor’s strategies in Sales & Distribution) either face to face or by telephone
- Lead some prospection actions to sign new contracts and develop new accounts
- Prepare monthly analysis and reporting to the hierarchy
- Participate to the RFP process / Contracting : pricing benchmark, redaction with inputs from global account managers and hotels
- Work as a contributor on Strategic and Key Accounts, as assigned by the Country Sales
- Adaptation of the global guidelines to local ones
- High level of understanding of the sales tools and systems to follow the requirements of the local environment
- Business or Hotel School / University Degree
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in management and sales in the hospitality industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding work ethic and that is highly motivated, detail-oriented, creative, proactive (takes initiative and thinks ahead), resourceful, a fast learner, and a self-starter
- Strong collaboration skills and a team player type attitude that is reliable, flexible, helpful, and collaborative
- Expertise in handling and delivering on multiple complex tasks (which may entail multiple and changing priorities), tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Manage multiple stakeholders and handle pressure
- Positive, client-centric, service oriented attitude and a willingness to always do what needs to be done
- Previous hotel experience preferred but not required
- Uphold the hotels guidelines, policies and procedures
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Superior organizational, planning, follow through, follow up, and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team management skills
- Ability to lead new projects
- Ability to produce complex reporting at all levels within the business
- Affinity with database management and IT systems
- Organization and sense of detail
Job Title: Assistant HR Manager
- Support to the Director of Human Resources and the HR/Payroll Manager for recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration and compliance. Assist in the creation and execution of employee relation activities. This position requires basic understanding of employment law, Worker’s Compensation and policy administration. Responsible for a number of administrative functions geared towards compliance with state, federal and organizational policies.
- Process incoming paperwork including new hire data, rate changes, transfers, associate file upkeep. Oversee all Recruitment activities including, but not limited to: posting positions, resume management, and administrative management of candidate profiles and communication.
- Administer Benefits (medical, dental, vision,) including but not limited to: notifying associates of eligibility, property point of contact for all benefit inquiries, reconciliation of monthly property premium report, maintenance of benefit files, maintaining supply of benefit information and new enrolment packets.
- Manage all leave of absence requests with employees.
- Assist with Employee Relations events, activities and celebrations. Assist with general office responsibilities including, but not limited to: maintenance of associate personnel and confidential files, filing, answer phones, associate questions/requests, wage/employment verification and prepare supplies for new hire and orientation packets.
- Minimum two years Human Resources Generalist experience (Admin., Benefits, Recruitment, Training) and/or 4 year degree in hotel/hospitality management with Human Resources emphasis.
- Previous hotel experience preferred. Previous exposure to the Collective Bargaining Process preferred.
- Must possess excellent organization, communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- The Executive Chef is the person in charge of the kitchen. Everything that goes out of the kitchen is the responsibility of the executive chef in the eyes of the employer; therefore, it is essential for the person with this job to be able to maintain complete control of the kitchen at all times and to command the respect of his or her kitchen staff.
- Job description
- This department head ensures the highest quality of food quality for Members and their guests. The Chef prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, cost controls and labor management.
- Spot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintain a level head, and delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
- Maximize the productivity of the kitchen staff, as well as managing the sous chef and chef de partie whom are directly below them in the chef’s chain of command.
- Maintain impeccable personal hygiene as well as high health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Set an example for the chefs below him or her and oversee the day-to-day culinary operations of the kitchen.
- The Chef is also responsible for kitchen staff and their training/development through education and creative instruction. By ensuring standardization of recipes and plate presentation for buffet, a la Carte venues and catered events, the Chef and his Culinary team deliver a memorable dining experience for all Members and guests.
- The Chef is an advocate and ambassador of STAR Service and understanding the critical role that membership and exceeding expectations play in regards to the success of the operation.
Duties and responsibilities.
- An executive chef has a huge range of duties and responsibilities within the kitchen. The most important of these is to ensure that quality culinary dishes are served on schedule and to see that any problems that arise are rectified. As such, the executive chef is responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
- When the restaurant is not occupied with actively serving patrons, as in between meal times, the executive chef is expected to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes for the restaurant or other events. The executive chef may also be called upon to use this time to create a wide variety of new dishes for his or her kitchen. In addition, the head chef also performs many administrative duties, including ordering supplies and reporting to the head of the establishment.
- Culinary School graduate.
- 3 years experience as an Executive Chef or equivalent.
- Possesses characteristics that command a presence in the dining room.
- Proven track record of team management, reporting, organizational and coaching skills within the Heart-of-the House.
- Solid understanding of buffet, a la carte and banquet revenue generation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to Heart of the House payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses.
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems.
- Creative menu development skills.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and point of sale systems.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests. Should be able to communicate well in good English.
- Must know how to make and train staff on various country meals
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send Cvs to H6708-HR@accor.com