Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Cash Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Cash Officer will directly report to Cash Deputy Program Manager and will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in in North-Eastern Nigeria. ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Oversee detailed planning and implementation of multi-sectoral cash transfer activities in collaboration with the Cash DPM and ECPM.
- Identify program implementation modalities that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and other programs (Nutrition, WASH, FSL, NFIs, etc.)
- Identify areas of cross-program linkages with other ACF programs in Maiduguri State. Ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of ACF technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines.
- Plan sensitisation activities or capacity building for targeted communities with focus on Extension workers, Traditional Volunteer, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible Cash/livelihood restoration activities.
- Ensure that targeting of beneficiaries to receive cash transfers is carried out in a transparent way and with active participation of women and minority members of communities.
- Contribute to strategy formulation for progress of the FSL programme in consultation with LGA team, FSL Deputy Program Manager and other stakeholders.
- Where appropriate, prepare regular reporting for submission to LGA authorities with validation of Cash Deputy Program Manager.
- Support development of communication mechanisms with key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Identify training and development needs in FSL team and propose and/or provide training, coaching and mentoring where necessary and relevant.
- Manage the program staff in order to ensure the smooth running of the FSL/Cash program, respecting all HR procedures and policies.
- Coordinate closely with the Cash DPM to ensure that cross-LGA programs are being implemented. Work with the Cash team in different LGAs on cross-learning and beneficiary capacity building initiatives.
- Cash activities and M&E data with facilitate the revision and improving of approaches. Participate in and inform longer-term discussions with the Cash team regarding Cash Program implementation strategy.
- Support M&E team in development of M&E framework, and provide oversight to internal monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure high quality programming, track achievements against project indicators, and support evidenced-based decision making.
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries for the program.
- Degree in Accountancy and food security related field e.g. Agronomics, Agriculture, Animal health, Agricultural engineering, Development Studies etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with Cash, food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three years relevant work experience
- Capacity to supervise a team
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
- Analytical capacity.
- Good relational qualities.
- Good knowledge of implementing projects.
- Capacity to write high quality reports.
- Previous team management and activity planning experience.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with ACF.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply