Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company providing specialized engineering, environmental management care and protection, oil and gas services, construction and other interrelated and integrated sectors of service provision in Nigeria. We are duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) with incorporation number RC: 980429.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
- Provide Support for ICT end users via telephone, email and online tickets.
- Analysing system architecture, planning and implementing more efficient and effective client device management practices.
- Providing expertise in troubleshooting group routing and networking along with managing switching infrastructure.
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support cases and the highest possible levels of satisfaction.
- The successful candidate for this role would have had previous IT support experience, preferably gained in a production environment.
- Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers and act as the technical contact for remote support teams as and when required.
- Participate in out of business hours on-call rota to manage escalations from Second Line providing critical expertise 24×7.
- Running projects across the site, working closely with the business and fellow engineers, to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements.
- The review, revision and execution of change management requests as required.
- Manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Act as a single point of contact for projects.
- Assist in out of hours maintenance tasks.
- Provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site.
- To provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
- To keep key stakeholders informed of the progress on projects and maintain project documentation.
- To provide sanity check and technical execution of projects.
- Carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required, supporting a wide customer base.
- Continuously focus on customers, delivering an outstanding level of service.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc Degree in IT Engineering or related discipline.
- 1-3 years minimum relevant/active work experience in reputable engineering company.
- Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- IT/ICT further education qualification a plus.
- Previous experience in a dynamic environment with a high degree of customer service focus.
- Help Desk/Technical support management experience.
- Strong networking skills essential
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with various levels of staff.
- Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
- Windows Server/Desktop
- MS Exchange
- Project Management Skills.
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20th June, 2017.