Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa. We are currently looking for a Project Manager for a client of ours, who is a Data Service company.
Job Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all company’s projects in accordance with international standards and best practice. Reporting to the Operations Director, the Project Manager will participate in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. The Jobholder will work within the guidelines, policies and mission of the company and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Strategy and Project Planning
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future projects
- Prioritize the portfolio of projects on a day-to-day basis on behalf of management to ensure the maximum efficiency in allocation of resources and skills.
- Ensure that the project plan remains aligned with the available technologies and the overall strategic business plan.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assure a smooth in-take of data centre co-location projects while assuring priorities across the various groups are in synch. Resolves conflicts across internal and external teams in a timely manner
- Controls project deliverables, scope, expectations, and coordinates project progress with sponsors, steering committees, and senior leadership
- Create, develop and maintain a rolling project plan or road map for all projects.
- Work with defined vendors for the Design, Construction, Deployment, Testing and Commissioning of the Data Centre build. Identify and prioritize project deliverables, dependencies, and critical path items
Acquisition and Deployment
- Define requirements for new data centre technology implementations and communicate them to the company management team and other stake holders.
- Provide leadership on all aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery
- Maintains a solid understanding of the Data Centre and Construction industry and incorporate best practices as they emerge
- Define and communicate company procedures, policies and standards for acquiring, deploying and commissioning the Data Centre technologies.
- Prioritise and control projects portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development and installation of the company’s data centre technologies.
- Ensure best practices, techniques, and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestones/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics are maintained.
- Analyse and improve upon the frameworks and standards used across the organization to maintain competitive edge within the market.
- Interfaces independently with all functional and business areas affected by Data Centre colocation – work closely with functional resource managers to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects
- Develops and delivers project reports, proposals, and requirements documentation to senior leadership and key stakeholders – work with Delivery teams to produce executive reports on the projects and keep leadership apprised of project scope, cost, or schedule changes
- Defines project success criteria and reviews throughout the project life cycle
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas and issues at multiple levels of leadership, including executive management and steering committee.
- Develop, track, and control the annual project capital budget
- Set overall project schedule, quality and performance standards
- Assess, manage and communicate escalated risks within and across multiple project streams.
- Ensure that all administration and financial activities are completed upon project finalisation
- Complete a project review and project completion report in conjunction with other key stakeholders.
- The Project Manager, will have input to the on-going financial elements of the project as well as provide financial tracking and regular reporting on the project.
- The Project Manager, will maintain a broad view of centralized budgets and assist Operations management in identifying and resolving funding issues across the various co-location initiatives
Qualification and Experience:
- Education and Qualifications
- Construction, Telecoms or Technology delivery Project Manager in Nigeria with a global exposure.
- Minimum 8 years of Project Management related work experience.
- Proven history of managing multimillion dollar projects/projects
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a challenging environment.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and proactively drive changes in scope, timelines, and requirements
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources: management, business unit contacts, and data centre peers
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Strong project management experience in related industry preferably construction with demonstrated achievements in planning, directing, and implementing multiple and concurrent large projects
- A degree in engineering, construction, telecommunications or equivalent. Professional experience in the areas of Data Centre Project Management and IT infrastructure as well as Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Experience with and understanding of data centre infrastructure and migration practices
- Previous experience with large scale deployment and migration of technology services
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Strong commitment to high standards and quality service.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
- Good communication skills – oral, written, IT and presentation.
- Highly motivated and performance orientated.
- Committed to development of team talent. Hands-on, performance oriented, practical and pragmatic, with a proven ability to “get the job done”.
- Proven A1+ physical health is a must. Strong work ethic, endurance and ability to work long hours under challenging operating conditions.
- Proven “staying record”.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply