The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR/Admin Officer
- Focal person for HR in office at location.
- Supports the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information.
- Works within the HR administration procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The HR Admin Officer supports the Area Manager with reports for senior management in country.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Time Sheets
- Ensure monthly time sheets are correctly filled by staff including expatriate staff, approved by Line Supervisors in coordination with Finance Department and forward HSS on or before 10th of following month.
- Coordinate with field offices to obtain the monthly time sheets check for correctness (project codes, number of hours) with Finance department, scan and forward HSS on or before 10thof following month.
- Coordinate with Head of Base on Annual Leave, sick Leave forms, review for correctness (for approval, availability of leave), update the data base for leave and file in staff personal file.
- Assist staff in preparing Leave forms, as and when required.
- Coordinate with Head of Base on Annual Leave Plan for all national staff at location and obtain CD’s approval through HRA Officer/HR Manager.
- Follow-up with the staff on monthly basis on leave plan and obtain justification for not following the leave plans by national staff and obtain CD’s approval through HR Manager.
- Ensure all staff taxes and legislative obligations are done on time as per the government deadlines.
- Office Management:
- Ensure all administrative matters are properly followed up and legally standing according to the Nigerian legal systems/requirements.
- Ensure all necessary office resources (Stationaries, office supplies, drinking water are stocked and managed.
- Manage the expat staff guest house
- Organize meetings, trainings and other events.
- Coordinate the flight bookings and organize pick up/drop off for the passengers in coordination with Logistics department.
- Update, compile the local staff contact list & Institutional address list as per request from HRA Officer CO every month.
- Keep track, record and properly manage the issue and letters which DRC gets from governmental departments.
- To ensure staff requiring Visas and other legal documents are organized in timely manner.
- Filing of all project related documents and development of a transparent and efficient filing system of all administration records as per DRC filing procedures.
- Ensure all office utilities and infrastructures are appropriate, safe and functioning. (Electricity, gas, security, up keeping of premises, health and safety, internet, telephones, photocopiers etc.).
- Ensure all staff are given the contracts (along with the required attachment) & DRC ID cards on the first working day and staff information data is filled and filed. Follow up with the staff and obtain file one copy of staff contract along with the attachment in personal file.
- Prepare the monthly Payroll Leave Schedule for national staff.
- Ensure that all recruitments are done in accordance with DRC recruitment processes.
- Organize training on CoC for staff. Brief on other HR policies/procedures to staff when it is necessary.
- Review HR related documents before the Area Manager and CD approves.
- Ensure all staff personal files are updated according to the checklist/DRC procedures on constant basis.
- Ensure all staff complete the Induction (as per the DRC induction checklist) before sent to work.
- Follow up with Line supervisors and ensure the Performance (Probation) objectives are set and filed within two weeks of the appointment date.
- Ensure the reminders on staff performance (Probation) evaluations are sent to the line managers and final evaluations are filed before the deadline of Probation evaluation. (Performance evaluations has to be approved by line manager and forwarded to the Country Director’s approval before filing).
- Facilitate regular staff communication, through arranging regular staff (preferably weekly) meetings and ensuring relevant information is being passed on to the field offices.
- Focal point for HR Administration in the office.
- Serve as technical resource person for the HR department.
- Report to the HR Manager any irregularities that occur within the DRC office, staff compound and sites on DRC policy and procedures.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director/HSS/RO and HQ.
- All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- At least two years’ work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- Experience working in emergency response with NGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Contract length: 7 months with possibility of extension.
- Level: SB3 (national contract).
- Start date: As soon as possible.
Click here to apply