ACTED – Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
- In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits.
- Under the authority of the Country Director and Finance Director in HQ, the Country Finance Manager (CFM) will be responsible for ACTED accounting and financial management in-country. The CFM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that the country specific standards are applied in ensuring efficient use of resources.
Accounting and Financial Management:
- Commitment of Expenditure
- Ensure budget follow-up
- Develop project budgets
- Team leadership
- Internal Procedures and Information Flows
- Master degree minimum in Finance or related area
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs, possibly complemented by academic expertise
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset
- Fluency in English required – ability to communicate in local languages an asset
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package.
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application including cover letter, CV’s and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org under Ref: CFM/NIA
Application Deadline 30th June, 2017.