Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Business Development
Job ID: sav-05818
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Save The Children is looking to add a dynamic, organized Head of Business Development who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
- S/he provides quality control and support to technical leads’ efforts to achieve greater program impact through the successful pursuit of larger and more strategic funding opportunities.
- The Head of Business Development provides technical assistance, support, and training to technical advisors for new business development strategies and tasks from pre- positioning through proposal submission. This position also oversees a small unit that provides support to technical and cost proposals.
- The Head of Business Development is a key position to support successful pursuit of new funding for the country program. His/her actions and decisions in managing multi-divisional proposal response teams directly impact the quality and competitiveness of Save the Children’s proposals for new funding.
- Strategically, s/he often takes the lead in coordinating appropriate internal advance planning in coordination and communication on potential new opportunities.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources – and inform Country Office SMT and relevant technical leads.
- Develop and/or maintain appropriate systems, procedures, policies, and materials to support the identification, selection and response to strategic opportunities.
- Manage major open solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
- Conduct prospecting visits to field offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Represent Save the Children as appropriate on strategic opportunities with donors, partners and others, participating as needed in meetings and conferences.
- Strengthen staff capacity to respond to strategic opportunities through the creation and/or delivery of formal and informal training and tools.
- Coordinate proposal development, including providing quality control to proposals through the design, implementation, and/or review of response strategies and action plans for technical and cost proposals, including writing, reviewing and editing proposal sections, graphics, work plans, budget spreadsheets and narratives; managing partner relations; and overseeing final proposal production for submission to donors.
Qualifications and Attributes
- 6-8 years of experience in international development, including at least 5 years of experience in successful proposal development for institutional and corporate donors, including pre-solicitation preparation.
- Preference for a candidate with overseas field experience.
- Must be willing to travel to state offices up to 20%.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications, and attention to detail required.
- Experience with USAID and DFID solicitations is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
- Experience training staff and creating training modules and materials.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Master’s degree in International Development or related field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th June, 2017.