Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client a premier Microfinance institution located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, is looking for a suitably qualified individual for the position below:
Job Title: Head of Credit & Marketing
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- The primary responsibility of the Head of Credit is to ensure effective credit administration and efficient liquidity management in collaboration with the other members of the management team.
- Tasks and Responsibilities Oversee and ensure very good portfolio quality and growth for long-term sustainability and profitability of the bank
- Monitor all credit activities to ensure they conform to established procedures and required regulations
- Conduct periodic motoring visits to the field and developing impact reports of the activities of the bank
- Develop, Review and implement controls to reduce credit risks of the bank
- Ensure that the bank maintains up-to-date, accurate records and generates necessary reports on time
- Ensuring achievement of lending targets and other goals as outlined in the business plan and approved by the board of directors
- Develop and implement strategies for promotion and expansion of client services using data from the bank’s software and from client feedback
- Ensure recruitment of customers and maintain customer satisfaction and customer loyalty
- Plan and coordinate an efficient credit workflow.
- A minimum of first degree or its equivalent in any discipline (additional qualification or degree in any finance or business related discipline will be an advantage)
- Minimum of four (6) years post-qualification experience out of which, at least two (2) years should be hands-on in Microfinance, Microfinance banking or commercial banking credit/marketing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microfinance banking products, marketing, business development, laws
- Evidence of Microfinance Certification Programme or Professional Banking Certification from the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
- Strong computer literacy, particularly in MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), familiarity with Banking Systems and good understanding of Information System issues and the role of IS in financial and business management;
- Professionalism, integrity and commitment to social mission of Microfinance banking.
- Strong business acumen and Knowledge of low income market
- Fluency in English is required.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- B.Sc in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Sound independent judgement
Job Title: Branch Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the branch office is properly staffed and that the staff is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives
- Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the office as established in the Bank’s overall strategic plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the office and adheres to budget parameters.
- Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the office and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Provides periodic reports to the Regional Manager (BM) or as may be assigned, and other groups as required throughout the Bank.
- Actively participates in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favourably on the Bank.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Plan and monitor daily cash requirements of the branch.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or related fields
- 8-10 years of relevant experience, 2 years in branch management in a financial institution, exposure to lending practice is desired
- Strong managerial skills and experience
- Fluency in English required, Igbo language proficiency is beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Leading with integrity – Reinforces our values through daily behaviour and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
- Employee engagement – Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Responsible for results – Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
- Recruitment and staffing – Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
- Financial responsibility – Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
- To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- An effective implementer of organizational policies and procedures at the branch
- Willingness to relocate to Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Ability to translate knowledge of business needs into value propositions mutually beneficial to customers and the branch.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to motivate the team to be consistent with performance
Job Title: Accountant
Accountant Job Duties
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- HND/B.Sc in Accounting.
- With at least 4 years experience, with 2 in a financial institution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the ‘Job Title’ as subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 10th June, 2017.