Law Union & Rock is one of the first generation Insurance Companies to open office in Nigeria six decades ago. We began operations in Nigeria in 1951 as a Chief Agency when the late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony held the power of Attorney for Royal International Insurance Holding, a U.K leading Insurance Company [the first Nigerian to have such authority].
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Actuarial Officer
Detailed understanding of economic, financial, demographic and insurance risks and expertise in:
- Developing and using statistical and financial models tinform financial decisions;
- Pricing, establishing the amount of liabilities, and setting capital requirements for uncertain future events.
- The development and application of models thelp solve complex financial problems
- Establishing premiums, policy and claim liabilities, and appropriate capital levels.
- Establishing estimates for unpaid claim liabilities, unearned premium and other estimated liabilities (technical reserves) and certifications
- Internal modeling, including stochastic asset-liability modeling
- Strategic asset management and capital management
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Advising on setting company risk appetite and risk limits
- Creation of financial condition reports
- Building company risk models
- Insurance product premium pricing
- Reinsurance program design and management
- Underwriting policy definitions
- Solvency calculations and reports
- Evaluating impact of acquisition on risk profile
- Performing stress tests
- A first degree, at least a second class upper honours, in Actuary Science, Statistics, Mathematics or any related discipline.
- An actuarial professional qualification (or in view) will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 13th June, 2017.