The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Chef de Mission
Location: Maiduguri /Abuja
The Assistant Head of Mission is primarily responsible for:
- To develop the search for funding for projects in accordance with the operational strategy,
- To ensure, on the delegation of the Head of Mission, representation to funders and operational partners in Maiduguri and Abuja
- Support project follow-up in relation to project proposals, in particular regarding monitoring and follow-up of indicators
- Ensure quality operational reporting for donors in accordance with contractual requirements and ensure contractual management of contracts with donors and partners.
Competencies and Qualities Searched
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Development, Humanitarian etc … (IRIS, NOHA, IEP …)
- Knowledge of key humanitarian donors and the humanitarian institutional environment
- Experience in project management or program support
- Interest in health issues, emergency interventions, ALIMA intervention contexts
- First professional experience in the context of “crisis” (internship or voluntary work included)
- One to two years of professional experience (internship or volunteer work included)
- Motivation and commitment to the success of the mission and projects and the objectives of the position
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Adaptability and practicality.
- Initiative and ease of teamwork
- Rigor and sense of organization
- Fluent written and spoken English
- French written and spoken indispensable.
- Type of contract: French law
- Duration: 6 months to 12 months (renewable)
- To be filled in: July 2017
- According to experience + perdiem
- Travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of employment
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first contract day to one month after the departure date of the mission country for the employee and his dependents
- Evacuation for the employee.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Head of Mission Assistant – Nigeria” as subject .
Send your answers to the questions along with your applications (you’ll join a Word document):
- What is your experience working with donors?
- Do you have any experience in negotiating with donors, or representing your organization in a formal setting? If yes please explain what you liked about it.
- What is your experience in monitoring and evaluation?
- Please indicate your level both in English and French, written read spoken (scale between 1 and 10, 10 being native speaker)
- Please indicate your date of availability for a mission