eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Information Design Specialist
- The Information Design Specialist is responsible for providing information design support services.
- S/he should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, maps, charts and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional interactive visualizations.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Information design specialist will work under the supervision of the GIS Department Manager to perform the following responsibilities:
- Defines and implements innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Executes all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Develop and implement an information design requirements process for eHA to facilitate the request and tracking of information design support.
- Create and maintain an information design guide for eHA data analytics purposes.
- Provide information design training and assistance to eHA analysts and staff members to ensure information visualization is an integral part of their production processes.
- Presents and defends designs and deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Conducts user research and evaluates user feedback.
- Establishes and promotes design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Work on the leading edge, with cross-functional teams, to define, develop, and drive data visualizations to enhance quantitative-based strategic decisions and insights.
- Creates illustrations, layouts, maps, posters, graphs and charts to better visualize information in support of finished intelligence products and briefings intended eHA partners.
- Creates original concepts with a focus on user-friendliness.
- Creates wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps for mobile and web platforms.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field.
- 5+ years of experience in information design and visualization.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite – InDesign, Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Fireworks; OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of the software development and data management life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Extensive experience in information design and visualization, creating charts and powerpoint templates.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Strong conceptual graphic designer, highly skilled at gathering raw data from various sources and developing comprehensive, visually engaging graphics.
- Demonstrable Information design and visualization skills with a strong portfolio.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply