Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company providing specialized engineering, environmental management care and protection, oil and gas services, construction and other interrelated and integrated sectors of service provision in Nigeria. We are duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) with incorporation number RC: 980429.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Engineer
- Work closely on the development of machines, testing on farm, reporting and developing further
- Test equipment to ensure its safety and reliability
- Service and repair of a range of agricultural machinery
- Service and maintain a variety of hand tools
- Manage documentation to ensure all work meets the relevant standards and follow correct procedures
- Plan, design, and supervise the building of irrigation, drainage, and flood- and water-control systems.
- Improve the processing and storage of agricultural products.
- Perform extensive research and development.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety.
- Analyze, prepare and present technical reports, meet with clients, and communicate technical concepts to colleagues and clients with non-technical backgrounds.
- Researching and collecting background information and consulting with other engineers
- and professionals
- Installing and testing monitoring equipment
- Create power machines used for tilling, fertilization, and harvesting.
- Use computer software extensively to design, produce & analyze equipment, systems, or structures designs.
- Specify functional requirements during development phase.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Ensure designed systems function reliably and for a long time.
- Plan and work together with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers to ensure effective and desirable outcomes
- Develop ways to conserve soil and water.
- Develop pesticide control products and machinery.
- Any other job functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Agricultural Engineering or Biological Engineering.
- Minimum of 3yrs and above of experience in these field of specialization.
- Ability to manage own work load and work independently
- Good communication skills, basic IT skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical skills, Problem-solving skills & Maths skills
- Should be conversant with relevant national and state environmental laws.
- Good knowledge and previous experience in servicing and maintaining agricultural equipment and tractors
- Provide an in-depth working knowledge of machinery
- Be confident in general fabrication of service work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: info@Sparkandlights.com
Application Deadline 30th June, 2017.