The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO NIGERIA aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are now seeking an experienced individual to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Field Office Administrator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Summary of the Role
- The role of the Field Office Administrator will be to oversee and regulate the financial, human resource administrative and logistical functioning of INSO Nigeria in Maiduguri.
- S/he will report directly to the INSO Country Administration Manager (CAM) Nigeria.
- S/he will supervise two drivers and cleaners. The post is based in Maiduguri and is offered on a one-year contract basis.
- To maintain and control the cashbooks and ledger
- Ensure that 100% of expenses are accurately entered on soft cashbooks on a daily basis
- Ensure that 100% of entries to the cashbooks are supported by valid purchase request invoices and receipts
- Assist the CAM with travel and accommodation arrangement from around the north East and North West region.
- Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the INSO office
- Maintain service contracts in coherent and accessible manner
- Assist the CAM in all others administrative, financial and procurement/logistical requirements
- To assist the CAM in the HR national staff administration
- Assist the CAM to file in a consistent and accessible manner all auditable documents (CV, leave records, disciplinary notices, hire notes…)
- To assist the CAM in the HR international staff administration
- Assist the CAM in all administrative process for visas, residency papers, work permits and others documents requested by the government for field international staff
- Admin/HR/Finance educational background and working experience
- Staff management experience
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Fluent in Hausa (spoken)
- Mandatory INGO experience 2 years
- Knowledge of administrative, HR and logistical processes
Preferred Characteristics (Not mandatory, but advantageous. Please specify in cover letter):
- Existing (relevant) local information networks and contacts.
- Previous exposure to North East Nigeria
- Knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Organised and structured personality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send the following to: email@example.com using “INSO – Field Office Administrator” as the subject of the email:
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (2 page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2 pages maximum).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates can be contacted
Application Deadline 21st June, 2017.