APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Onne, River
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies and capital equipment for the company. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s).
- Responsible for tender’s procedures, receiving bids, coordinates for committees; evaluating, assessing and selecting bidders based on capabilities and written criteria.
- Establishes and executes procedures for procurement policy in conjunction with CFO.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Responsible for evaluating, assessing and selecting vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality assurance. Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records.
- Evaluates inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relationship to company’s cost of capital. Prepares monthly reports and reviews forecast of purchasing commitments with Vice President of Finance.
- Supervises the daily requisitions from end user and checks the status of item requested.
- Keep stock on hand in order to minimize purchases.
- Ensures that adequate stocks of key components are maintained in the stores to ensure there is no downtime in operational activity due to lack of stock/spares
- The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific company policies in the management of procurement activities while setting objectives for subordinated positions. The position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function
- The position is expected to constantly strive to improve inventory management methods & obtain best possible delivery prices from vendors
- The position has a direct impact on primarily the operational & financial aspects of the terminal & is therefore complex in nature.
- Expedites purchase orders as necessary and ensures delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted production flow.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
- Prepare contracts in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Administrate, coordinate and cooperatively work with other departments, to resolve all issues relevant to the suppliers and vendors.
- Analyze and strive to maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends, pricing, availability, and capacity, technology and supplier capability relative to the product or parts assigned.
- Assist subordinates in actively resisting any supplier request for price increase requiring the supplier to provide adequate documentation and justification to support such requests.
- Ensures that a proper inventory control system is in place to carefully monitor stock positions, reorder levels & obsolescence of stock
- Manages storekeeping functions from both a central & technical department perspective
Who We are Looking For
- Requires a college degree in Business Management, Accounting, or related discipline. Some formal instruction in engineering or an engineering-related discipline helpful.
- Requires at least five to seven years of purchasing experience in private industry, preferably in shipping or transportation industry. In addition, must have at least three years of managerial experience, directing a purchasing staff of similar size and scope.
- Must have strong experience in managing & using inventory control systems
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Requires verbal and written communications skills in English at the advanced level.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Must be able to understand basic finance & accounting principles in order to control budgets & costs
- Cost/Price analysis skills
- Knowledge of contract laws, and conditions.
- Very high ethical standards
- Must have extensive knowledge of procurement practices and principles.
- Must have extensive knowledge of customs laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must have some working knowledge of engineering terms, drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Must have thorough understanding and should have worked on an ERP and understands the complexity between Inventory, Procurement and Finance systems.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd June, 2017.